01

Kendric St. James

Reggie Weller... Mr. Perfect, if you will. I had never talked to the guy, but he had never done anything to me to make me dislike him. He was a drama kid, I knew that for sure. I'm in the school Show Choir club, or as we call it, the Ghetto Tones. I had no idea how we got the name, but whatever. Anyway, I had that class with him along with english.

I'm only in the club because I need an art credit to graduate, and even despite my notoriously low GPA, I can still graduate if I can get all of my credits.

I looked to my left and saw the boy with platinum blonde hair and dazzling green eyes. He had round silver glasses on his nose that were most likely only there for style. Wow, I've never noticed how perfect his nose is...

Wait what?! I didnt think that. He has a nice nose, okay, that's it. Hes not even my type. Oh god, I'm staring- let's look away now.

I quickly turned my head and faced the front of the room. Reggie's eyes didnt leave the board as he carefully and attentively watched Mr. Grey explain the theory of whatever-ya-call-it.

"And Mr. Weller you will be partnered with Mr. St. James." I jumped as the teacher spoke and wondered what was happening. I had dozed off yet again and was now facing my inevitable fate.

Reggie looked beside him and gave me an eye roll and an annoyed sigh. Okay .. maybe he isn't thrilled about the idea of us being partners... I'll change his mind...

A few minutes later, the bell rang and Reggie walked out of class with his bag over his shoulder. I tried to catch up to him in attempts of asking him some questions about the project, but he was too fast so I just met him at his locker.

"Hey, um.. I was just wondering what the project is?" I asked as he began opening his locker

"Maybe if you actually payed attention for once in your life, then you would know that answer," Reggie said coldly

"Hey man, I'm just wondering what we've gotta do. If you just-" I tried to explain, but he interrupted me before I could finish my thought.

"Listen, I know you. You're the school slack-off. You sleep in class, put your feet up on the desks, and your GPA is even lower than your IQ. I also know that you arent going to help me with this project," Reggie said as he turned to look at me.

I opened my mouth to argue but nothing came out other than a stutter of air. I looked up while trying to search my mind for rebuttals.

"That's not true, first of all," I paused,"And I will help you with this. How about you meet me at the library and we can study... whatever it is that were doing a paper on."

Reggie looked like he was genuinly considering the idea as he glanced upwards and tapped his foot,"...fine. Meet me here after school and we can just walk there. But if you dont help me then I'm finding a new partner,"

"Deal." I said

Reggie pushed past me and walked as quickly as he could in the opposite direction.

I smirked and remembered the way that he spoke to me. That's how he talks to everyone. He always knows what to say and I dont think I've ever once heard him stutter or fall over his words. It's incredible.