Chapter: 18 [Edited]

Start from the beginning

I shudder when I think about what comes next, "About three years later we got a tip on the team that killed our parents, we both jumped at the chance to get our revenge. As usual, my sister got ahead of herself, too confident not that it ever mattered, neither of us has ever been defeated unless it was by each other or the Winter Soldiers we trained with. Something about that night gave me a weird feeling," the familiar feeling course through my body again, reminding me of my loss, "maybe it was because we finally found them or maybe it was because I knew there would be a twist."

"Your sister," Wanda says staring at me and pulling the pieces together, "she was the False Mother."

I flinch at the name for some reason but nod my head, "We treated this mission like any other, I used the connection we had while I was being interrogated and signaled to her when I had all the information we needed. After that, she would make her move, kill the agents that kept her in her room. But..."

I look at my hands and the image of them colored in her blood are burned into my eyes, "Something went wrong, the ground began to shake on cue but it stopped suddenly when a gunshot went off. I felt so empty, I didn't know what happened but I could feel the life being ripped out of me, I walked out of my cell and as I passed the Shield agents they would fall dead to my feet, that was the first time I ever used the destructive side of my energy manipulation. When I walked into my sister's cell and she was lying on the floor covered in blood, there was a bullet in her back. She wouldn't let me heal her, she didn't want to suffer anymore," I looked up at them with broken eyes, I hate that I'm broken, "she made me promise not to bring her back." I shrug pathetically, "So I didn't."

"What do you mean," Wanda starts, "she made you promise not to bring her back? How could she ask you to do something like that?"

"The abilities I was given allows me to create and destroy energy," I smile to myself remembering the flower I created when I first woke up, "I can create living things and heal them. Creating them takes a lot of energy, when I created Dimlay I slept for three days straight."

"I thought Dimlay was a lab experiment," Pietro says tilting his head in confusion and it took a lot out of me not to zone out on how cute the face he was making was.

"No," I say sheepishly, "I had Dr. List cover for me, I wasn't sure I could trust you two yet." Pietro furrows his brows but nods all the same, "Destroying energy is far more difficult though, I've only done it a few times and it required a lot of focus the one time I did it on purpose."

"That's what happened with the soldiers then?" Wanda stares at me in wonder and I nod to her. "Well remind me to never hurt anyone you love."

I laugh and pull both her and Pietro to me, "You two are people I love, you should be worried about future boyfriends or girlfriends."

Wanda hugged me tightly from beside me and Pietro wrapped his arms around both of us, kissing the top of my head. We sat there for a while until I heard Werner's voice in my head, The doctors said I could leave, I guess I annoyed them enough to let me go. I smile to myself and reluctantly pull myself out of the twin's embrace.

"Sorry, I have to go," I walk out of the room and head back to the med bay, Pietro speeds next to me and sets Wanda down beside him and takes my hand. I look down at our intertwined fingers and raise our hands raising my eyebrow to him, he only smirks and I chuckle lightly. I like the way my hand feels in his anyway. "What do you plan on doing with my life story?" I ask them.

"Nothing, but I plan to be a part of it," Pietro says slyly making a shiver run up my spine, "if you'll allow me?" He looks at me hopefully and I nod with a grin.

Wanda sends us a knowing smile, "You two are adorable," I glance at her and I can feel Pietro glare at her, "I don't think I'll have to worry about any future boyfriends or girlfriends for you two."