Chapter: 18 [Edited]

Farron's POV

I watched Werner's chest rise and fall smiling, he was not happy when the doctors insisted he stayed another night even though he was completely healed. I hear shuffling behind me and I turn to see the twins standing in the doorway, I smile brightly and stand up, I can't remember the last time I felt this happy.

They stare at me shocked as I make my way over to them, "Hey," Pietro blinks a few times his mouth hanging open in surprise but Wanda manages to pull herself together. I wonder if it's strange that people are afraid of a small 16-year-old girl.

"We need to talk," she motions for me to follow her, I turn to make sure Werner's still sleeping before I leave. Dimlay, who was lying next to his bed lifted his head to look at me, I told him to watch over Werner. Wanda leads me to her room and Pietro speeds to sit on the bed, smirking when she glares at him. "We need to know how we'll continue, not only in training but as friends." She says the last part as a question and heartbeat increases slightly as I realize, I don't want to lose them, so much for feeling happy.

Something must have changed in my eyes because suddenly a very painful thought shot through Wanda's mind. She looks as scared and pained as we did, she's lost someone too. I open my mouth and try to think of something to say, I curse at myself and force my mind to clear.

"Training will continue as it was but will be more vigorous since I can train you with my abilities now." I pause and swallow, I stare at the floor, "It's up to you two on how our relationships move forward."

I feel a gust of wind as Pietro moves to somewhere in the room, I don't look up I just stand there looking at my feet. I feel someone's fingers on my chin and my head tilts to look Pietro in the eye, a twinkle present in them and tears stream down my face. "You act so much like her..."

He looks at me confused and Wanda looks over his shoulder in worry, "Who?" he asks wiping the tears away. Light irritation spikes in me, why am I crying so much? I back up and angrily wipe away the tears, not wanting to have this conversation, "Tell us," he says softly, making me look at him again. He takes my hand and leads me to the bed where Wanda joins us, taking my other hand. It's odd, usually, I'm the one comforting them like when they wake up in the middle of the night screaming from nightmares.

I take a shaky breath and look between Wanda and Pietro, "When I was four my parents were murdered by Shield," I say and the twins give each other a confused look, they must have forgotten their first day of training when Werner and I explained the White Sync and the False Mother. "They were different from other people, they could shapeshift and I guess Shield thought they were a threat." My blood runs cold as I remember the night and for some reason, I let my walls down, I let Wanda see what happened and she gasped quietly, "I just don't understand how they were a threat when all they were doing was raising their family, us."

"Us?" Pietro asked and I turned to him with a sad smile, I guess they did forget about the first day of training. However, in their defence there was a lot going on that day.

"My brother and sister, Strucker found Willow and I hours after the attack, he and his team took us in. My brother Volher was next door with the neighbors when it all happened, they ended up adopting him. He's the man Strucker mentioned, Zero Gravity." I say numbly and I feel the tears streaming down my face but it's like I'm not even there, I'm just trapped in my memories, "We were very smart, I was the down to Earth one while she was the fearless one, when we saw what Shield had done we vowed we would destroy them, especially the team that killed them. We grew up very fast after that, adult minds in six and four-year-old bodies."

Pietro tried rubbing circles on my back to calm me down, I appreciated the action but my mind was already too far gone into memories. "Since then we were trained as weapons, we went through the procedure to gain our abilities as soon as the tests were approved, during that time Strucker and Werner had become like family so he made it official by adopting us."