TEN

TEN !
010. a powerful woman

THE FORMAN'S BASEMENT | 1977

—HYDE'S HANDS felt right curled around Margot's waist again, his grip tighter than ever now that she was finally back in his arms

HYDE'S HANDS felt right curled around Margot's waist again, his grip tighter than ever now that she was finally back in his arms.

They were currently curled up on the chair in the Forman's basement, Hyde playing with Margot's hair as she read a magazine and occasionally chatted to Donna who was sat beside Eric on the couch adjacent.

"You guys are cute," Eric mused, glancing up at the way the pair were entwined, "I can't believe you've finally got your shit together."

Margot rolled her eyes with a small grin, "I hate to say it, but thank you for being such a pain in the ass and basically forcing us to talk with your little comments, dumbass."

Eric beamed back at her, appearing smug and sitting up to puff out his chest a little.

"My pleasure, Mags," he leaned back, cuddling up to Donna a little, "Lord knows you're both too stubborn to have done anything without me."

Both Margot and Hyde knew that he was right, reluctantly shrugging in agreement as they laughed off Eric's self-satisfaction.

Though they had both missed each other immeasurably, there was no denying their mutual reluctance to make this clear without a push from their best friend. They would have otherwise remained obstinate in their desire to feign that they were perfectly fine without eachother.

"We should probably get going, Eric," Donna interjected, glancing up at the clock on the wall and biting her lip, "The movie starts in 45 minutes."

Eric nodded, standing up as he eyed the pair across from him, "Please don't bang on the couch while we're gone. I'm begging you."

"Pfft— you say that like you two haven't!" Margot scoffed, making brief eye contact with Donna who shook her head with a laugh.

Hyde only smirked, tightening his grip on the blonde on his lap and pushing her hair back from her face, gently pressing a kiss to the nape of her neck.