↳ TWO

TWO !
002. quit it, forman

THE FORMAN BASEMENT | 1977

─ "I CAN'T BELIEVE IT, MAN," Margot overheard Hyde grunt as she began descending the stairs back into the basement after going to the toilet, "What is Stevie, uh Margot, doing with Kelso?"

Margot halted in her place, slightly stepping back as she pursed her lips, listening in further to the boys' conversation. Kelso had briefly left the basement claiming he had somewhere to be, leaving Margot with the group.

"I don't know man, looks like she's changed a lot in the year she was gone. Maybe she's just more into guys like Kelso now," Eric suggested, lowering his voice a little so Donna and Fez couldn't hear them from the couch as they stood near the stairs.

Hyde just laughed. He knew Margot like the back of his hand and there was no way she'd just suddenly shunned her actual personality to be an airhead like Jackie or Kelso.

"That can't be it, man. You know that's not the Margot we know up there. I don't know what's going on but... I don't like it. And I can't believe you knew for months that she wasn't planning on coming back and yet you didn't tell me." he sighed.

Eric shook his head, teasingly patting his friend's back, "Oh Hyde. I think what you mean there is you don't like that she moved on while you're stuck trying to. And I'm sorry, okay? You were still on her mind and she was hurting, it didn't feel right to tell you straight away and risk you doing something dumb."

It was at that moment Margot realised she couldn't stay where she was and, not wanting to hear what Hyde had to say, she couldn't continue just listening in.

She slowly walked down the steps, flashing an awkward grin to Eric who returned the smile as he caught her eye.

"Shut up man. I was the one who—"

"Oh hey, Margot, c'mere." Eric smirked as he ushered her over to them, "How was being back in the UK? We missed ya, right Hyde?"

Margot rolled her eyes, leaning on Eric's shoulder for a second before shoving him lightly. They'd always been close, even though Margot didn't always hang around with the group. Eric was like a second brother to her.