The Dream

Tails looked around. He was surrounded by Eggman's robots. He knew he couldn't fight them all off! But then, he noticed Sonic was there, looking around. "Sonic, help me!" Tails shouted, "I can't fight all of these on my own!" But the blue hedgehog didn't help. Instead, he just stood there. "Sonic? Don't you hear me? I need your help!" When Tails called for help again, Sonic turned and walked away. The robots were closing in on Tails, and Sonic didn't care! "Sonic, don't leave me here!" At that moment, all the robots charged at Tails! "Sonic!!! SONIC!!!"
Tails sat up in his bed. It was all a dream! Tails started crying. He couldn't help it. It was scary! At that moment, Sonic came into Tails' room. "Tails, are you okay? What happened?" Tails looked at Sonic and said; "Sonic, you would never abandon me, right?" Sonic sat next to Tails, and looked into his wet eyes. "Of course not, Tails. We're brothers, and brothers look out for each other! Don't you remember the day I met you?" Tails, of course, remembered it well. Bullies had chased him deep into a forest, and left him there, lost. Not only that, it was raining, too. Tails was lost, drenched, and weak from running. He didn't know what to do! Tails wrapped himself up in his own two tails, when he heard someone's shoes, stomping through the puddles. It's the bullies! Tails thought, they're back for more! Tails shut his eyes tight, and prepared for the worst. But nothing happened. Instead, Tails was shielded from the rain. He looked up, and saw a red umbrella above his head. Holding onto the umbrella was a tall, blue hedgehog, with a sympathetic smile. Since this day, they had been known as brothers.
"Tails, you know I would never abandon you! You are my little brother, and that makes you my responsibility!" Sonic noogied Tails, making him giggle. "Sonic, I'm grateful you're my big brother." Tails said, "and I wouldn't have it any other way!" Tails then jumped into Sonic, giving him a big hug.
Sonic and Tails are an odd couple. A hedgehog that can break the sound barrier and a fox that can fly using his tails. But everybody knows that it's the odd couples that are together to the end.