|15|

"Well Sirius still has his magic" he paused watching as Sirius levitated some of the plates for lily "so he must not be lying...." the blonde chirped.

"Fine. We trust them. For now...." Harry spoke.
————————————————————
Chapter 15: To Those We Forge Alliances With

The two boys ate in silence after making sure there were no spells or potions in anything. Lily and Sirius gave slight looks of disapproval, however they chose not to comment on it. Sirius didn't comment as he knew it was what all pureblood raised individuals had been taught to do in the company of those they considered untrustworthy it those they deemed enemies. Lily didn't comment on the grounds she didn't wish to push Harry further away, no matter how hurt she may have been over the small action she couldn't truly blame him either.
Snape had entered almost at once after the awkward dinner had finished. He had been finishing his nightly rounds and believed it was more than time for his students to be returned to their dorms to indulge in their homework and other such assignments. His house was expected to maintain good grades and unlike the other more....excitable house(s) within the castle he held his a strict schedule. Homework was to be started a minimum of one hour after dinner and to be worked on until finished or until two hours before lights out. Except Fridays. If there was an assignment due for a Monday's class his students were expected to take a minimum of two hours per page out of their weekend time. All assignments were to be in on time or detentions would be served. Needless to say the Slytherins assignments were seldom late.

"Uncle sev!" Draco beamed standing, as the man walked in.

Harry simply gave a polite nod and a polite greeting. "Good evening to you godfather."

Sirius gave a small frown. He knew Harry hadn't regarded him as his godfather in a long time but he was hoping he would still think of him as one eventually. Even if he had to share with Severus Snape. He still hated him and the feeling was mutual.

"Boys. Homework was to be started three hours ago. You've barely an hour left." He drawled with a tone that assured that time would be made up.

Draco let out a huff complaining about how it was "impossibly unfair" the be made to make up that time while Harry gave a small smile and spoke politely. "Of course Sev, we will add an extra hour of work from our personal free time in the evenings for the next week of classes." He assured.

Severus gave a small smile anyone would miss if they weren't looking and Sirius' jaw dropped. 'He can smile!?!'
Severus scowled again at the man and motioned for he boys. "Come on you two. Up to the common room and to bed in an hour. You've classes tomorrow" Severus ushered.

The boys followed behind the man they considered family and the man who was also their head of house. The trio were bid goodnight receiving polite replies from Harry in return, however as they made to leave Harry turned around with a glare full of conviction and gave a warning before he left.
"Cross me and you'll be the first to die." The serious remorseless tone startling the two adults slightly.
Neither adult had expected such a cold.....dark response from him.

Harry and Draco had finally made it back to the dungeons and gone back to their common room after allowing snaps to view the events of the evening. Once they got into their common room they had been bombarded with worried questions as to their whereabouts during dinner as well as their late return to the common room from those who hadn't known where they'd gone. Though some didn't like the pair nor cared enough to ask, most were loyal to the two boys, which neither complained about. Alliances were good, especially useful ones. They'd both learned that from a very young age. How could you not know about alliances when you were engaged to from one?

"Guys everything is fine. We just had to talk to one of our professors." They both assured without giving any names.

The less suspicion the better. It was bad enough they would have to tell their intendeds the entire story later as there wouldn't be any quiet moments for them unless they answered the questions that were bound to come about from the two girls, let alone tell an entire house of cunning and sneaky peers. They less they knew the less they had over them.
This on top of the fact that they had to trust the two adult Gryffindors, let alone engage in conversation with the two of them, caused Harry to give an exasperated sigh. Harry may not have liked the truth, however Sirius still had his magic so Harry had to deal with the reality. That by no means meant he was helping the 'light' or anyone associated with it. He would refuse until the day he died. Dumbledore was going to burn....he would ensure that with every bone in his body.
Harry gave Draco a look and started walking passed the assault of questions from his housemates and friends. Draco know better than to ignore Harry when he gave him that look quickly and politely excused himself in the true pureblood fashion he was raised with. Harry held the door to their dorm open shutting it as soon as Draco was inside, nearly hitting the blonde on the way in. He cast numerous locking spells on the door as well as numerous privacy wards. Harry just averted his gaze towards his bed and then to Draco's as well. Draco sighed. It was going to be a long night wasn't it. Harry gave a small chuckle towards his brothers distain of having to examine himself to another person. He had never had to explain or justify his action to anyone who wasn't one Lucius, Narcissa, or Hadrian Malfoy. Harry walked towards his bed and drew the curtain.

The greeting he spoke was given in both a polite yet a charming manner of speech; "Hello Daphne. How are you this evening?"

Daphne gave him a simple smile. "My evening was well until my fiancé disappeared without a single word. Are you sneaking away to meet other women my darling intended Hadrian Malfoy?" She said in a sickly sweet tone. That smile was not one of happiness it was one that said explain now or I will inform your father. Harry sighed.
As he did so Draco let out a yelp of surprise as a bundle of river knocked him over and refused to let go before said bundle started to shake him.

"Where the hell have you been!? Do you know how worried I was!? Explain!" She yelled in worry.

Draco yelled to cease shaking him and she let out an "oops" and promptly dropped him getting up. In private it was hard for anyone to imagine this was the daughter of a pureblood family.
Draco straightened himself out before looking at the girl in front of him and hugging out a simple yet annoyed reply.

"Hello to you too Astoria.."

————————————————————
I SWEAR I AHVENT DIED AND I AM SO SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG TO GET OUT.
I started university this year and haven't had much time to write. That being said however I WILL be finishing this story and I am not abandoning it I promise!
Till next time!!!!
-Author Chan