|7|

The father, James Fleamont Potter, has accused Lucius Abraxas Malfoy as being the kidnapped, however there is no evidence. Reporters say the boy's room, his last known location, show no sigh of struggle, and they theorize the boy's parents have done something or the boy simply ran away.
——————————————————————
Chapter 7: The Truth

Lucius flipped to page nine, curious as to where the article was going.

"Potter child missing; where is he?"
Page 9 continuation.

As discussed on page one the first born child of the potter family; Harrison James Potter has gone missing. The father of the child James has accused long time rival Lucius Malfoy of being the kidnapper as he was a death eater in the last war. However the Malfoy lord was never convicted of being one of the dark lords followers and was attending a mandatory meeting within the ministry as part of his formal work when the boy allegedly went missing. The boys bedroom shows no sign of a struggle and those we've asked have all said the potter family isn't too fond of their first born child. In fact most if their time, effort and attention are spent on their second born Ethan Potter the boy who lived.....
Could it be the boy simply ran away, or is there a much darker force within the family that is to Blame?

~R.S Yaxely.

Lucius smirked as he read the article. Picture and all. He did indeed have the boy, but he had obtained him legally. Only the minister and the goblins knew Harry was there but he had indeed been granted legal guardianship without the potters knowledge or anyone else's for that matter. Lucius looked beside him as Harry looked at the paper.

"That's not right....their lying." Harry angrily whispered.

"What's wrong Harry?" Cissa's asked.

"Ethan is not the boy who lived! He isn't!" Harry yelled.

"But he had the scar and everything..." Draco said curious.

"No! That's from a board that fell on him! Piece of wood!" Harry yelled.

The boy grabbed his hair and flung his bangs back. "It's not X it's a squiggle. He left a squiggle!" Harry said pointing to it.

"I remember the whole thing!" Harry yelled in addition.

"harry dear calm down." Cissa said gently.

"No!" Harry yelled.

"Harry..." Lucius said gently.

"What!?" He huffed.

"Would you like to show everyone that they are wrong?" Lucius asked.

"How do I do that?" He said softly as he began to calm down.

Lucius had a new plan. They'd have to do it tonight as Harry had his blood adoption tomorrow morning at 10 am and then his and Draco's party from 11-4.

"I have to borrow your memory. We will copy it and put it into a ball called a pensive. Then we can play it back like a movie." Lucius told the boy.

His mother was a muggleborn and likely had shown her children muggle movies. Well one of them at least. Harry would have most likely seen it in the background.

"Okay. When!" Harry asked excited.

He didn't want his brothers fame, but he did want it taken away. It was never his to begin with.

Lucius spent the next hour creating the pensive and then watching it with the rest of his family.

"Cool! It is like a movie!" Harry said astonished.

Lucius watched in glee as the boy in his care was indeed the boy who lived. It was perfect. Not only had the potters driven away their son and legal first heir, they had driven away the lights saviour, and placed him in the darks hands, fully ready to accept it if it meant getting away from his parents.

After watching the pensive the family got ready for the boys party. Harry made a few friends and the boys received their presents and loved them. The party was hectic and tiresome so afterwards they ate dinner, which was quickly followed by desert, before Lucius pulled out a quill with some ink and along with a piece of parchment. Quickly he set about and wrote the writer of the article. Sending the pensive along with it and arranging an interview with himself and the boy for an hour after the owl was in her hands. The writer quickly wrote back with a time and place. Lucius gathered the boy and left for their meeting spot.

"Thank you for meeting with me. I had the pensive looked at just to make sure it was real, pardon but I had to know." The writer said.

"Thank you for meeting us." Lucius said.

"So Harry isn't missing then?" The reporter asked.

"Far from it. He ran away, after hearing what his parents planned to do I took him in. Legally of course, I'd never kidnap a child. Wizard children are rare and hard to have. They are sacred and to be protected. What the potter family did astounds and sickens me." The blonde man answered.

"May I ask what you mean?"

The interview went on for several hours and ended somewhere around two or three hours after they first met. The pensive memory was returned to Harry after it was recorded to be put in the paper. The prophet the next morning would certainly be interesting. Lucius brought Harry up to his newly finished room and tucked him in, as the boy had fallen asleep in his lap during the interview. The older man then proceeded to his study where his wife was waiting for him.

"So how did it go?" She asked.

"As well as I had hoped." Lucius said with a slight chuckle.

"What did you tell her?" His wife asked.

"The truth." Lucius said.

"I told her of how I obtained legal custody of the boy, what evidence I had, the pensive, the potters, everything." Lucius added.

"So?" Cissa asked.

"Ethan will be long forgotten by morning and Harry will have a few new fans. Our original plan won't work but my new one will." Lucius said.

"New one?" Cissa asked.

"The truth. We simply tell the truth. Mostly anyway." Lucius said.

"The potters are considered an ancient and noble family though." Cissa said.

"They won't be so noble in the morning I can assure you that. Besides we are part of the sacred twenty eight, they are not. We may not be noble, but we have sacredity." Lucius pointed out.

"Yes I do believe you are right about that dear." Cissa said.

"Enough of that though, did you finish all the papers and bring them in?" Lucius asked.

"Yes, the minister signed them all and gave me copies. I left them in your right top hand drawer dear." Cissa informed.

Lucius pulled them out and scanned them. Satisfied he filed them away in the expanded filing cabinet under a new tag marked 'Harry'. He closed the drawer after locking the cabinet and walked over to his wife. She stood and the pair made their way to their bedroom. Once there the pair were greeted by two sets of smaller heads.

"What's wrong boys?" Cissa asked.

"Can't sleep." Both said at once.

"Very well then, I suppose it's about time we made another fort in the sitting room. Everyone up, we are going to have a family camping night. Lucius said as Cissa disappeared. She reappeared once again with a bundle of blankets and pillows along with sine long wooden poles. She charmed everything with a few waves of her wand and where there were once two vouchers stood a tent made of blankets held up by the wooden poles. The pillows were all in the floor under a larger grey blanket.

"Go grab your pillows and blankets boys." Cissa said.

"I'll go grab some snacks, there is going to be a storm tonight." Lucius said watching the dark clouds outside the window....