-

After shopping and walking around the mall for hours I decided it was time for me to leave. I felt my foot ache as I walked out the mall looking for my car but I couldn't see where it was until a man came stood in front of me.

"Excuse me?" I said and he looked around before reaching to grab me and I jumped back reaching for my mace but he jumped back as well.

"Have you seen my dog?" I shook my head, and walked around him seeing my white car. I walk towards it quickly feeling paranoid and I see a long black streak on my car door. Some motherfucker scratched my shit. I went inside the car slamming the door angrily behind me and I blasted music to distract myself that my car was now fucked up.

-

I plopped down on the bed and hearing my phone ringing. I sat up quickly rummaging through my purse and I took it out seeing that it was Gabriel. I stare at the phone confused and I panicked looking around the room, before I can accept it the phone hung up and he texted me after. I ignored the message and called him back, Gabriel picked up on the first ring and felt my heart beating fast.

"Hello?" I said holding it close to my ear as I played with the ends of my shirt as I waited for him to say something.

"Hey... I just wanted to check up on you. You never texted me when you got home safely" He sounded a bit sad and I smiled biting my bottom lip, pulling off the dead skin from being so nervous.

"Sorry I didn't think whether to text you or not" I laid down hearing his heavy breathing, I kicked my feet trying to relax but I couldn't contain myself.

"Really? Did you not listen to me at all when we talked?"

"Selective hearing Gabe" I sat up quickly when I called him by his nickname and he chuckled huskily and I chuckled nervously.

"Gabe? That sounds cute coming out of you..." I smiled to myself and I laid back down staring up at my ceiling.

"Have you thought about coming back yet?" Gabriel broke the small silence after I didn't say nothing.

"I-I don't know, it's hasn't even been a full day since I left... I mean I was really bored  but that's none of your business"

"Yeah... I m-the kids... they miss you" He stumbled over his words and I smiled to myself. I did miss them too.

"Yeah I got tons of messages from Aubrey and Jayden telling me to come back... oh shit I didn't mean it in a rude way-"

"I know what you're trying to say... I actually have to go but if you're up later tonight I'll call you" He said and my cheeks felt like they were getting hotter.

"Yeah that's cool" Gabriel hung up the phone and I groaned feeling the embarrassment seep in, that was the most awkward conversation I've ever had with a guy. I think I should go back... for the kids...

-

"Hi" I placed the phone on speaker and against my bathroom mirror, hearing shuffling going on from his end.

"Hey... what are you doing?" He asked and I quickly spat out the toothpaste then cleaning my mouth off.

"I'm getting ready for bed... I didn't think you were going to actually call me..." I said grabbing my toner to do my skin care routine.