Chapter Seventeen

Jaden's POV 

When I got to the hospital, Griffin and Anthony were standing outside the main entrance, looking as distraught as ever. 

"Hey, I feel really guilty that she doesn't want to talk to you guys right now," I admitted to them, breaking the awkward silence. 

"It's whatever, I just want her to be okay." Griffin said, Anthony remaining silent. 

"Well, I'm gonna head up then. Are you guys going to Playlist now?" 

"Yeah, we don't want the fans to suspect anything is wrong." I nodded before heading inside. 

I walked to the front desk and was greeted by a friendly nurse. 

"Hello, how may I help you?" She smiled politely at me, making me feel a little better actually. 

"I'm here to visit Ashley Noah, I believe she is the ICU." 

"Alrighty then, the ICU is on the third floor. The elevator is just around the corner there. Once you get off on the third floor, take a left and you will see an area labeled 'ICU visitor check in'. The ladies up there will help you. Anything else?" 

"Elevator, third floor, left, ICU visitors. I think that's all. Than you," I followed her directions and 15 minutes later found myself walking through the door of Ashley's room. She was sound asleep, so I sat in the chair next to her  bed. 

I studied her carefully, noticing just how ill she looked; pale as a ghost, thin as paper, and she has been acting different too. I shouldn't have let it get this far.

I reached for her hand, intertwining her ice cold fingers in mine. She woke up tense, but relaxed when she saw me. 

Ashley's POV 

At the sight of Jaden, I immediately relaxed. He's here. 

"Jaden," I whispered with tears in my eyes. "I'm so sorry for everything I have done. How selfish can I be? I didn't mean to be an attention whore, and I know that's what everyone thinks I am now." He stood up and sat on the edge of my bed, pulling my disgusting body into his arms. I was hesitant at first, but gave in. 

I put all my strength into holding onto to him, not wanting this moment to end. He stroked my hair as I nestled my face further into the crook of his neck, overwhelmed with how warm his touch was. We stayed in the embrace of one another until he pulled away and looked me in the eyes. 

"You're perfect, just the way you are. Absolutely perfect. Nobody thought you were ever asking for attention. They're all worried about you and they care about you. Okay?" 

"Okay." I grabbed his hand carefully, placing it on my heart. "Feel that?" He nodded, "It's beating faster already. I'm okay. I promise I am going to be just fine." 

"I'm never letting anything bad happen to you ever again." I smiled in return, and we both laid down. He kissed my forehead before we closed our eyes and slowly fell asleep with the comfort of each other. 

-------------------------------

I woke up to a nurse poking and prodding me. 

"Hey, stop. What are you doing?" I asked groggily, attempting to shake away the sleep. 

"Honey, I'm just changing your IV fluids to a higher dose of electrolytes. If you want to leave this hospital any time soon you're gonna need this." I just stared at her blankly. 

"What time is it?" 

"It's 2:00 AM sugar." I didn't respond, only felt under the blanket blindly before I found Jaden's hand. I intertwined our fingers and attempted falling back asleep, but I couldn't. 

I turned on my side, observing Jaden. How is Anthony gonna feel? What about Mads? They are finally back together and now I suddenly have confusing feelings for Jaden. I have always looked at Jaden as just a friend, but he has been here for me much more than Anthony. He understands me better than anyone. But maybe we should stay friends... telling him how I feel could potentially ruin our friendship, not to mention my relationship with Anthony and his relationship with Mads. What am I going to do? 

Jaden's eyes fluttered open, and he smiled lightly. 

"Shh, go back to sleep," I whispered, placing my finger on his lips. He closed his eyes again, so I started running my fingers slowly through his hair. 

A low sigh left his lips, "That feels so good." He whispered so quietly it was barely audible. 

There are some moments in life that just feel so surreal, and this is one of them; waking up in the middle of the night in a hospital bed, everything so still and quiet you could hear the sound of the drip coming from the IV bags. Laying here, in this moment, with Jaden, is so beyond perfect. 

In that moment, Anthony was the last thing on my mind. 

AN, how do y'all feel about this? I am totally feeling the vibes between Ashley and Jaden. Ughhhh I wish this was a Jaden fic.