ELEVEN

"Heaven sent you to me
I'm just hopin' I don't repeat history"
__________________________

GABRIELA

I plopped down on the sofa sighing from what just happened. It was not just the kids, Gabriel and I. I felt so embarrassed as I had to say bye to his family after what happened with Ariel. Even though it was far from the truth but know one expect Gabriel and I knew it wasn't the truth. People would believe anything others say without listening to you first even if I did try to explain myself Ariel wouldn't let me speak whatsoever.

I examined the small cut on my wrist and placed a small band aid over it, I breathed out heavily laying down on the sofa staring at the black screen tv. I heard footsteps coming inside the living room and I knew it was him by the way I felt the hairs on my back stand up.

"Gabriela?" He said making my heart pound and I ignore him laying down still not bothering to lookout him.

"Don't ignore me when I'm speaking to you" He sounded more demanding and I continued to ignore him, feeling the sofa dip beside my head. After a few silent minutes I closed my eyes and took in a deep breath.

"Alright... what do you what?" I spoke up still not looking at him.

"Don't speak to me to like that Gabriela" I sat up looking at him and Gabriel only smiled at me. I think he was trying to lighten up the mood but it wasn't working.

"I can't believe that happened" I ignored him and leaned back into the sofa feeling his arm touching mine.

"I'm sorry... about what Ariel did and said to you. You know my family doesn't believe what she said" He grabbed my arm and laced his hands with mine, I watched as he turned my arm looking at the band aid.

"It's not your fault... it's your fucking ex-wife that has this fucking mentality that you and I are fucking" I burst out in anger. I was getting tired of Ariel and her fucking delusions.

"You-" He opened his mouth but I stood up looking down at him.

"No don't fucking speak. I love this job, I do but I don't know if I want to continue. I'm so close to fucking quitting" He stood up quickly making me go quiet instantly. Gabriel stared down at me intensely and I looked away.

"You can't fucking quit" I shook my head disagreeing with him.

"And why is that?" I crossed my arms and he copied me.

"You work for me... meaning people know that you're someone who's important to me, if anyone fucking sees you walking in the streets of New York alone god forbid the same thing that happened in the club will happen again and this time I wouldn't be there for you... I need you to be here so I know that you're safe "

"So what? I'm not on a fucking list of people to attack because of you" I laughed it off but Gabriel looked at me serious.

"I need to stay with you to be protected?" I asked being for real now seeing that this was serious.

"Listen if you want to quit then I won't stop you but you'll make it harder for me to protect you when you live in Queens, you're apart of the this family now Gabriela. The kids fucking love you and it would hurt them to see you leave" I moved back staring at the asshole in front of me.

"Are you trying to fucking guilt trip me into staying because of your kids? Your kids are fucking safe when they have a father like you. I don't have anyone else besides Jennie who's not even by my side all day..." I breathed out about to leave the living room but I felt his hand wrap around my throat quickly, I was pulled towards his face coming close with his lips feeling his minty and whiskey breath close to mine.