Chapter 9: Retaliation

The next morning, Dagger, Frank, and Ren were all down at a café having some espresso, all the while still a little shaken from their near-attack after smashing up Braedey's red Lamborghini. The gunshot to the rear tyre on Frank's Camaro was a costly repair, and it did leave Frank frustrated and annoyed by what occurred.

"You know, that was the dumbest idea you ever came up with, Dagger." Frank spat at him. "I mean, you just had to go and smash someone's car because you were jealous or a sore loser."

"He deserves it after he smashed my car!" Dagger snapped back.

"Again, it was YOU who smashed your truck." Ren clarified, his right arm in some bandages. It turns out some shrapnel from the rear right wheel had gotten embedded into his arm, and had to have surgery to get it removed earlier. "And thanks to that, my arm is pretty janked up."

"Well, if the idiot just raced me, then we wouldn't be in this whole situation." Dagger stayed as if the others were stupid. "It's clear and simple."

Just then, the rumble of a car's engine could be heard now approaching. The three males looked over to see what was coming, and to Dagger's bewilderment, there was Braedey and his red Lamborghini Miura, all fixed and repaired, and running perfectly with a rumble and roar.

"How did he manage to fix that car?" Ren wondered in surprise

"That's impossible." Dagger spoke out, now in disbelief and denial. "He couldn't have fixed that jalopy in one night."

Braedey pulled up next to Frank's Camaro, climbing out of the car, a stern and dark expression on his face. He glared at the three, mostly to Dagger. "You are a real pain in my ass, Douglas." He spat.

"Whatever do you mean?" Dagger asked, trying to act innocent.

"Don't be an idiot all your life, Douglas. Take a day off." Braedey snapped. "I saw you, Frank, and Ren smashing up my car last night. My shotgun fired four or so rounds, and there's still one bullet chambered and ready to fire. You are lucky I only blew out your tyre, and not your head." He then stomped up, his blue eyes narrowed sharply. "You know what happens to a rat like you when they smash up a man's car?" He asked, but didn't give Dagger time to answer. "They get their teeth knocked so far down their throat, they're gonna need to stick a toothbrush right up their ass in order to brush 'em!!"

Dagger, Frank, and Ren all remained silent from what Braedey just said. What he had just said was definitely something to think about, and it made them feel really uneasy.

"That's... definitely something on the mind." Ren muttered to himself.

"I'd hate to be on the receiving end of that." Frank added.

"Unless you want to be cleaning your teeth down below rather than in your mouth, then I'd suggest you stay away from me and my car, as well as my family." Braedey warned to Dagger. "That's your final warning. So you'd best watch what you do from now own." He pointed at him.