Waking up

RPOV
That theory was scrapped when I awoke to my soulmate smiling at me. "I love you, you foolish woman." He pulled me into a kiss. A very heated, urgent and passionate kiss.
"I love you, Dimitri. So much. So so much. Don't you dare ever scare me like that ever again."
"Oh, Roza. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I love you and thanks for saving my arse."
"Speaking of that edible arse of yours..." I started suggestively.
"It's yours, Roza. I need you to take a bite out of it." His hands were currently on my own arse and he squeezed.
"Oh, I know you do," I winked teasingly and applied more pressure were our groins were touching. I could feel him hardening, and I was pulsing. "I know you do," I breathed and pulled his pants and boxers down. "I need you, too." Down came my pants and undies with a growl from him.
"You're wasting no time, woman," he softly groaned as I slid onto him after I'd teased him enough.
"Lesson number one, never hesitate." I crashed my lips onto his as I gave one hard, powerful, needy thrust.
We lost control and didn't hesitate to embrace life and our love.
It was over far too soon, but we really didn't need to be walked in on or to have rumours running rampant.
"I love you, Dimitri. Seriously, I do."
"As I do you. Who knows about us? Because I know you haven't left this room since I entered."
"A few. The doc, Adrian, and Liss- finally. And Alberta and my mother."
"Your mother? Oh god, I'm in for it."
"Yes. She realised when I admitted to being terrified."
"You were that scared? Why? I mean other than loving me to bits, what did you get told?"
"That if you slipped into a coma and didn't come to I'd be told to make the choice. On my birthday I'd be given the ultimatum." A look crossed his face that told me he was withholding info from me. "Tell me," I growled. "Tell me what you're hiding. I'm not weak. Tell me."
"Roza, love, I did fall into a coma. They knocked you out, repeatedly. I came to last night. Today is your birthday."
"Thirteen days!" I screeched in a whisper. "I was kept unconscious for thirteen days, not knowing you were in a coma?! Un-f*****g-believable!"
"Shh. Settle, Roza. The doctor said you kept getting distraught every time you were told. I saw the last time it happened and reluctantly agreed to one last dose because I wasn't strong enough to be able to settle you myself."
"You are so f*****g lucky I love you, Dimitri Belikov, so f*****g lucky." I snuggled into his chest and sighed, "what happens now? With us? What happens?"
"We fight for forever together. I'm not letting you go, my love. We still need wary, but I'm not hiding from you, I'm not holding back when it's just us. I love you, Roza, and you are going to know it."
"I think that's an agreeable idea. I think I can live with that because I couldn't live without you." That elicited a soft chuckle from him, the sensation and sound had me sighing in contentment. "I love you. Don't do that to me again."
"I love you. Saving me really was foolish, but I'd do the same so I can't really tell you off."
"You have done the same," I corrected. "And I know what I did wasn't just foolish, but wrong. Oh, and Alberta said you'd be in for a lecture to rival your own if you told me off for saving you." A look of fear crossed his face.
"She really is like a mother to you, isn't she?"
"Yeah, she is. She's been remarkably supportive."
"And your own mother?" he gently prodded.
"No explosion. Yet. I lost it after confirming that I'd be the to make the choice, that we are as we are. I cried myself to sleep in her arms. I really don't know what she's thinking."
"We're about to find out," whispered Dimitri as the door shut. In walked the famous, and (until now) famously absent mother of mine, Janine Hathaway.
"Yes. You are about to find out what I'm thinking," responded Mom as she approached the bed. Sitting on the end of said bed, she added "I'm in no way happy about this. Belikov, you've got your work cut out for you in proving yourself worthy of my daughter and her saving your ass. I never want to see her that distraught ever again.
"Out of all the possible suitors," did she have to use that word?! "You are possibly the most suitable once you get past certain factors." Age, Academy status', guardian duty... You get the gist. "I don't like the age gap, but I can see a positive side to it... Begrudgingly, but I do see a positive. Belikov, you are mature enough to know how to look after her and the right way to treat her- with respect." Her voice hardened with an authoritative and demanding tone, clearly conveying to Dimitri the way she expected me to be treated. "That she is your student is clearly irrelevant, judging by the gooey looks on both of your faces... And your entwined bodies." I was snuggled into my soulmate's side, half on top of him, with both of his arms encircling my waist. "So know that I expect you to treat her respectfully and as your equal, Belikov. She has too many kills not to be a part of the ranks. So, titled or not, I expect you to treat her as a fellow guardian." Woah! I was not expecting anything like that to come out of her mouth. Ever. "Rose, happy eighteenth. I know I've never been there, but do you want me to try being around more now that you've found your Him?" Her mask was thick, but I could guess that she wanted me keep her around, that this offer was a type of birthday gift.
"Shut up, Mother. Of course I still want you in my life as much as possible. That you even recognised Dimitri is my other half improves things a little." It truly did.
"Hard not to see it with the mess you were." I flinched. I hated being weak, much less in front of others. Especially when it blew (at least) my half of the cover.
"I'm right here, Roza," Dimitri's tone was gentle and reassuring. Full of love. As was his eyes and face. My face was now being lightly traced by his right hand. That hand and man that could kill, stun and incapacitate with a single blow, could also be so tender, gentle and sensitive with each single stroke, each testing, teasing touch and careful caress.
My mother looked ready to puke, "really, Belikov? Seriously?"
"It's her name in Russian," he shrugged. Well, as much as is possible when in a hospital bed and cuddling with your girlfriend.
"Ew! Yuk! Didn't need to know that," she hopped off the bed and bolted for a standing spot in front of the door when realisation hit.

'Roza' was his affectionate nickname for me... and it had initially been revealed to me in a moment of heat and passion that goes by the label 'lust charm'. So, it always meant Dimitri was letting his guard down whenever it slipped out. It meant even more now, after our heated and passionate moment (an extremely long moment) a fortnight ago... And not long before my mother entered.

Yes. We were that lovesick we had 'pet names' for each other. Except, mine for him was his real name... 'Comrade' kept things lighthearted between us. While 'Dimitri' meant so so so much more, it was deep and passionate, loving and romantic... At least when it wasn't used in public. Sorta. Only he and I would ever understand the power a name could hold. And he would never understand the power he held over me. I loved that man to no end.
Basically, if either of us let out the other's Russian name it meant things were serious in some form.