Episode 32: The Is Who We Are -PART 2-

Start from the beginning

Any resemblance to a known Pokémon was now lost. His head and upper body was a sludgy brown, torn towards his chest and misshapen around his mouth. Five eyes with empty red pupils and a gaping maw lined with huge fangs adorned his face, tipped by two horns. Those horns and his tail were the only yellow fur that remained of his original form, as his thick arms and legs had taken on an armoury appearance, though they bulged with muscle. He retained some fur on his knees and upward, though it was a deep red and stained with the blood lost from his previous evolution. With a triumphant roar, he landed so hard that a shockwave took everyone off their feet.

"Perhaps now you understand what you are fighting against," Lassic said. His voice had completely changed, becoming deep and grainy, but it retained the smart composure of the Lassic they knew. "My power is limitless. I control it. All form, all law, the very concept of evolution. It belongs to me, and I shall never let mortals take it away from me."

"Lassic, you've turned yourself into a monster. There's no way that's a Pokémon evolution!" Sophitia cried.

"I can revert at any time. This form is only temporary," he said, and stepped closer. Just that one step shook the whole cliff, forcing everyone to pay attention to their balance.

"Then change back. If you can change back, then we can still talk about this," Sophitia cried, unable to hide the tears in her voice.

"You would fight this far only to now call upon diplomacy? One might say that you are quitting when faced with certain defeat," Lassic commented. He bared his claws and the three eyes between his main two began to glow. "The time for talking is over. This will be the face of Aseria's rapture. With the immense power coursing through me, I will wipe out all the Pokémon I deem unworthy, and recreate the world with my perfect V-Pocket creations."

"Guys, we're on a timer," Kuri warned. The surrounding area had begun to take on the red aura that appeared when Lassic initially warned of the rapture, and all of it came up from the ground itself. The air was filled with red particles, and with it, oxygen grew thin.

"My perfect creations will evolve this world beyond anything you aged mortals could ever comprehend. We will transcend all known Pokémon. We will transcend humanity. We will become perfect beings that rule over all living in this universe," Lassic announced. He raised a claw as if to taunt them. "Do you accept that? Will you bow down to me and succeed this ancient world at last?"

"Shut up! You know the answer is no. We're not going to let you kill everyone and turn them into- into- whatever the heck you are!" Lute shouted. He already sweated hard as he struggled to breathe.

"Then there is nothing more to discuss," Lassic said. He brandished his claws and fangs. "Throw yourselves at me, and face certain death: the pinnacle of Pokémon progression!"

With that, he inhaled deeply until embers leaked from his mouth, throwing everyone back into the fray. He belched out a sea of flames that spread far and wide, and towered high enough to block him from view. Esthia, Sophitia, and Kuri reacted with their shields, while Lute, Phoenix, and Genesis could only cry out and brace as the flames swamped over them, stealing whatever little strength and breath they had left.

Lute was left stumbling in a daze. His head was rushing to form some coherent thought, but all he could muster were the survival instincts to stay on his feet. His body hurt so much that it ached just from the cool that came after the flames. He managed to open his eyes to see Lassic stood over him with a claw drawn back. His vision was blurry so he could only make out the colours.

He threw himself to his side in an effort to dodge, but the claw struck the ground so hard that it created such a shock wave that knocked him into the air. He couldn't even let out a cry at this point, only a lifeless cough as he lost control over himself. He landed hard on his side, so worn out he could barely move a paw.