Episode 32: This Is Who We Are -PART 1-

Start from the beginning

"Huh? Oh wow, did you actually think of something?" Esthia said.

"Your friends have shown up. If your fused state can defeat the two of us, then attempting to defeat the rest of you would be a suicide mission," Victoria admitted. She held her arms forward. "So I concede to you. I hate to admit it, but we have done our jobs of stalling for time against you annoying children."

"Aww what? But I'm supposed to teach the kids not to give up," Esthia cried.

"Hmpf. Take it or leave it. I'm not risking my health continuing to fight an unwinnable battle," Victoria said. She walked off to the side. "Between you and me however, I don't believe you stand a chance. The Spirle King is on an entirely different level to anything you may have ever seen. If you leave him to make his new world now, then he may just spare you and make you a slave or something."

"What're you talking about?" Lute jumped forward.

"Lute!" Esthia said cheerfully.

"You heard Lassic's public announcement, right? The Spirle King is going to use the Mega Stone to wipe out all life. Only the smartest and most fortunate will survive. If you do as you're told and don't try to fight him, he might spare you," Victoria said. "I mean, he got Lassic to do it! Anyone who can get that genius to do their bidding is not to be underestimated."

"We ain't kiddin' when we say the king's on a whole other level. We're talking like, this guy might be Arceus in disguise or something. He's so powerful that you won't be able to touch him! And now that he's got the Mega Stone on his side," Victor said, bouncing back to his feet. "Man, us losing to you guys isn't gonna keep him happy, though. Is he even gonna accept us anymore?"

Lute's eyes diverted for a moment. Don't they know who the Spirle King is? Do they not realise that Lassic might be the Spirle King?

"That doesn't matter, you lardy lump! We're alive and we're in his safe zone. We will live regardless." Victoria stomped angrily.

"Wait, so which is it? Are we fightin' for him or are we fightin' for ourselves?" Victor cocked his head.

"Ourselves, you nugget! Argh, forget it," she cried.

"Actually, if you guys are gonna come quietly, then that actually means you're both under arrest," Sophitia said, a snarky smile on her face as she held up her King's Shield badge. "You can join Storm in our comfy cells. Marina will deal with you."

"You guys beat Storm?" Victor cried. Victoria didn't say anything. "... Y'know, we might be wrong on this whole hero thingy."

"Will you shut up? There aren't any 'heroes' in Aseria. Heroes don't exist. It's just a stupid title the authorities give themselves to become the idols of some snotty little child. The world isn't going to magically become a better place because of a ragtag group of no-lives decide to follow the story of some crazy old coot," Victoria ranted. "The only way the world will ever change is if everyone makes it. And that is what is going to happen! Our king is going to wipe out all of the unworthy, and rebuild the world with Spirle as its rulers. Only then will we get what we deserve."

"That's what you held onto. You do realise what's really going to happen, right? Can you imagine wiping out everybody and leaving only certain Pokémon alive?" Sophitia said as she approached them.

"That's what it takes to create the perfect world. The world where I sit upon a throne. A peasant like you wouldn't understand these feelings," Victoria said.

"Well this is an interesting development. And here I thought you wouldn't need me," Tetra said, floating down from above. Sophitia flinched back, while the others reassumed their poses for battle. The Klefki looked them over with blank concern, and of course, locked his sights on Lute.