He's afraid if he's going to look at it once more, he might lose control and drown in her two pools of deep waters.

"I'm a mess, Yashiro." He stated in a low voice. His emotions were clearly portrayed on his face, expressing anger and fear, and lost of hope. But there was something in between. "My life is a mess Yashiro! Can't you see that?!" His heart tightened, feeling a deep remorse and disdain for himself.

"I have no intention of getting you tangled up with my life, I don't want you to be hurt any more." His lips might not be able to say enough words to express his feelings, but Yashiro knew, she knew already with just one look into his eyes.

But without a single doubt, without giving it a single thought, without any more lies and deceit, she muttered out.

"I love you with all of my heart, Amane." The sun reached the land once more, turning the beautiful sunset with twinkling, dancing stars. It was such a pretty sight, if only those tears wouldn't be flowing from his eyes.

But then again, she wouldn't mind the way Amane looked right now. His bruises, wounds, scars. It didn't matter to Yashiro. To her, he was perfect. Just the way he is.

"I don't care if you're a mess, I'll fix you up. I don't care if you're broken, I'll build you up. And when you're feeling down, I'll cheer you up." She stated wholeheartedly, avoiding his gaze, unable to muster up the courage that she lost moments ago. Tears never stopped flowing from her eyes, the pain never leaving from her heart.

In the spur of the moment, she decided to look deep into him. In his eyes that were decorated with a thousand stars. "I'll do all of it for you. It might take me time, . . but I will never fail to express my feelings for you."

"Even.. if you drift far away, away from me, I swear, I will send my love for you no matter how long the distance may be―" her mind trailed off. Her lips pursed with a frown. Tears that were escaping from her eyes were unexpectedly wiped by Amane's hand. Yet when he pulled it away, Yashiro's hands intertwined with his.

"No matter how much you've changed―" her voice hitched, as she dared to continue her sworn speech to be with him, no matter what it would cost.

"Even if I would die right now, I promise you." Yashiro looked at him fearless, sniffling, with soft eyes,

"I will love you no matter the vast galaxies there are in between."

___________

If he could only tell her how he felt, without the fear growing inside him, it wouldn't lead to this.

Her blood-stained cheeks, her eyes that were swollen from crying, her small hands, and her petite figure. The sight made his knees weaken, legs giving up on him, as he felt his body falling onto the floor. 

He was such a coward, an empty shell. He shouldn't had told her off like that, but he wanted to protect her, if it wouldn't mean that she wouldn't get hurt. Even if that danger was himself.

Blinding lights, loud commotion, dusty road.

Though even beneath his facade, she witnessed the scared, the terrified Amane who never had anything, but was only living in this world to love and protect her.

He believed in her, but not to his self. He trusted her, but not his own self. But if his life was twisted and dark enough, it wouldn't get any worse. He sworn to protect her, always. No matter what kind of danger.