⌜ thirty nine ⌟

Start from the beginning

that statement made the lioness role her eyes before locking her arms with the lion's. mark noticed her actions but didn't question anything about it. he just brought her with him towards the altar. again, he was being mentally away and the lioness had noticed it.

why did you agree to do this?❞ he talked casually as the ceremony was on going.

the lioness turned to him and only gave him a small smile. ❝i may or may not want to get married with you.❞ she said, internally gagging at what she told him.

you do know about my relationship with the pudu.❞ the king kept up with the conversation they were having.

none of them were aware of the two talking casually. ❝i know very well about it.❞ she then frowned, gripping on to the bouquet very tight as she lowered her head. "and they're late."

widening his eyes, mark turned to her with brows furrowed. he could have sworn that she whispered something. ❝did you say something?

covering it up with a smile, she turned to face the lion. ❝i said, it's time for the vows.

eun ji grabbed hold of the lion's hand as they were asked to face each other. she did it with a bright smile on her face but mark still had a frowned being plastered on his lips. she didn't ask him anything about it though, she knew he wasn't loving one bit of what was happening to them.

even her, she was getting impatient. she kept on eyeing at at fences to see a miracle happening there was still none. wherever they are right now, they were surely taking all the time in the world. it was time for the vows and she couldn't handle it this much longer anymore.

she was afraid that if they won't arrive on time then it would be too late.

what's wrong with you?❞ she was then snapped out from her thoughts when she heard the lion speak.

nothing.❞ she let out a sigh, having no choice but to listen to the vows being said to them.

in this blessed occasion—

"eun ji!"

right on time, before the vows were being said, gasps and whispers were then heard when they saw a couple of them running and panting. eun ji's eyes widened with glitters as she saw a familiar bunny giving her a look, internally screaming as she was relieved to see them just on time.

mark froze from his place when his eyes focus on a specific pudu that arrived looking like he just came out of the dungeon. well, if only he knew.

but even though he looked like that, he still felt his heart beating so fast when he saw him. he is there, his pudu his there, his donghyuck is there. his sunshine.

the lion's attention was then taken by the lioness beside him when she loosened her grip on his hand and started to walk away down the aisle. he didn't get the time to say something and even if he does, he'd be still beaten by his mother who stood up from her seat and strode over to the bride that's walking away from the king.

grabbing her hand, the king's mother fumed. ❝what on earth are you doing?!

hissing at how her nails was digging on to her skin, eun ji faced the mother and harshly pulled her arm from her. ❝doing what's right.