⌜ thirty nine ⌟

Start from the beginning

the upset look he got from taeyong then made mark chuckle at least a little. that didn't last long when the mention of running away made him remember his moments with his beloved pudu.

seeing the change of the king's mood then made jaehyun nudge his lover beside him, blaming him for that. taeyong only rolled his eyes and nudged jaehyun back.

pushing the thoughts aside, mark stared at them with his eyes expressing grief. ❝is dad still not allowed to come out?

not knowing the answer to it, taeyong turned his head to jaehyun as he was the last one who visited him to his room. the lion receiving the attention only heaved a sigh, ❝he is requested to stay in bed.

hearing that made the young lion lower his head, looking down at his black leather shoes that's shiny as ever. ❝i hate this.

taeyong then ran a hand through the lion's hair, hushing him before he breaks down in front of everyone. ❝mark, didn't i tell you that everything will be fine?

nothing will be fine once i marry her.❞ he was holding himself back from raising his voice at the lion comforting him. ❝i don't want to marry her, i don't want to have this ceremony, and i never wanted this throne in the first place.

the moment when taeyong had so much to say about it, everyone was being asked to be seated. also telling them that they can't talk with mark anymore and they, too, have to go to their assigned seats. the two lions looked at the young one and waited for him to compose himself. once he did, mark raised his head and even though it was forced, still gave them a small smile. jaehyun waited till taeyong had finished hugging the younger before guiding him to their seats, looking back at mark for the last time before sitting down.

mark felt slightly nervous with everyone being present in this wedding of his. he had his eyes scanning the venue, looking at every single one of them didn't fail to put smiles on their faces.

he felt envious, they were happy.

he was not.

forcing his feet to move, he went on to his position where he is assigned to stay as he waits for the bride. as much as he tried doing so, he still couldn't put a curve at the corner of his lips. he can't smile at what he didn't want to happen.

he wanted to just breakdown, be in his pudu's arms and let everything out.

but donghyuck isn't here.

eyes on the aisle, mark had made eye contact with his mother as soon as the ceremony started. he gave her nothing but a glare, wanting to show her how much he hated this plan of her. he can't even believe that even with a position of his, he still can't take control of the situation. he was drowned with his pile of thoughts to even focus on the ceremony that had just started. he stared at no where but not even one had found it suspicious as to why he wasn't happy in his own wedding.

and there she is, mark's bride to be.

already walking down the aisle with a smile on her face, wearing the gown that made her look like an angel that fell from heaven.

but those were just compliments coming from them, not from mark. the king didn't want to look at her straight in the eye. he distracted himself with the little hippos that served as flower girls, throwing flowers everywhere. at least something made his heart warm.

your highness?

the lion's thoughts was then snapped at someone who's now in front of him. ❝oh, you're done with your fashion walk.