Chapter 8- Consume Him

Start from the beginning

She laid her palm on his cheek, running a thumb over his lips.

"Nesta..." Cassian breathed.

She smiled. Tilting his head, she met his lips with her own.

YES

Every atom in her sang at that kiss. At how perfectly his lips slanted against hers.

They had been made for her.

Gentle, he was being so gentle with her. His lips were soft and salty. His stubble scraped against her face. One of his hands was around her waist, the other now holding her neck, keeping her close. She let her hand press hard against his cheek. The hand that was tangled in his hair slipped down around his shoulders, deepening the kiss and bringing their bodies closer.

He tasted like a warm summer night.

Not needing anything, not desperate. A kiss of gratitude, of acknowledgment, of honesty.

Nesta pulled back first, breaking the kiss. She opened her eyes to see Cassian hadn't bothered to open his, still in the trance of the kiss.

She longed to let herself plunge back into that trance, longed to let his lips roam her neck, lower. Her body raged against her, every fiber inside of her telling her to kiss him again, to let him take her right on this beach. Nesta would be lying if she said she wasn't seriously considering it.

CONSUME HIM

Cassians eyes flew open.

Nesta had no idea where that voice had come from.

That bond was always open, always a two way street. So she knew he had heard it, too.

But Nesta said, "You need to see a healer." Still, she made no move to stand. Thick, hard drops of rain hit her skin.

Cassian replied, "Will you stay with me?" He removed his hand from her back to cup the hand she had on his cheek.

He moved her hand to his mouth and kissed her palm, letting his lips linger.

Cassian looked up at her from under his eyelashes. "We Illyrian babies don't handle pain well." Cassian kissed her palm again.

Nesta couldn't help herself as she gripped his jaw with her thumb and forefinger, turning his face upward as she rose to her knees. His hands went immediately to her waist, squeezing ever so slightly.

He had to know when they did bed one another, she would be dominant. Every drunk fool she had taken to her apartment wasn't prepared for what she became under the sheets.

TAKE

"If you don't like pain," she purred down at him, even as his eyes went wild at hearing that voice, "then I hope you aren't prepared to finish what you started here, sweetheart."

Cassian rolled his eyes as his hands drifted from her waist down to her lower hips, his thumbs brushing the front of her thighs through the dress.

"Don't say that shit unless you intend to follow through on what you started here, sweetheart." As he spoke, his face drifted closer to her body, his lips in line just below her breasts.

Nesta's soul rumbled at the proximity, at his lips so close, at his thumbs lazily stoking her thighs. And it felt so right. Her core heated in a way it hadn't ever before. Deeper. Stronger. She knew he was the only one that could make her quake like this.

MINE

He lowered his head in response to that voice and kissed right between her breasts through the wet dress. Nesta let out a sigh. She could feel Cassian smirk against her chest.