🍰・십이 || Twelve・🍰

Start from the beginning

"Ark!"

Startled by the sudden loud and powerful noise, (Y/N)'s eyes look around for the source and immediately find a rather large animal with pure white paws and sharp nails. "Whoa, you have a dog??" (Y/N) gasped, failing to hide the insanely huge and excited grin that plastered across her lips as the dog's black nose viciously sniffed her pale blue and pink polka dot socks, short gray skirt and the back of her hands. "Oh my gosh that's so cool, I love dogs!"

"Y-You do?" Seokjin cleared his throat. "I do too..! Do you have any dogs?"

"No," She answered, sadly shaking her head. "I had two but one of them died, he literally was as old as I am! Ah~ I miss his ugly face," She chuckled. "The other one, my parents got rid of which I was extremely upset about."

Seokjin felt his chest tighten when he noticed (Y/N)'s pouted expression when mentioning her furry companions in the past as her fingertips gently stoked his dog's back. He wasn't exactly sure how to handle other people's emotions especially since he never paid attention to his own, he didn't know how to appropriately react and respond to them. (Y/N) looked a little sadden, should he act sympathetically? In a way he could understand how she could be upset with the mention of a loss of a pet because he believed that he would feel the same if he lost his dog..but he's never lost before so he doesn't know that feeling. How can he sympathize and sound genuine?

"I'm sorry."

He tried.

"It's okay," She sighed. "I usually go to my aunt's house on the weekends to play with her dogs, she has three of them!"

It looks like it worked, but he can't read (Y/N)'s mind.

Seokjin's big dog was in constant motion; wagging her long tail and wriggling her body against (Y/N)'s bare legs. Clearly the dog was a puppy, a rather big puppy though, the dark coated dog was full of pent up energy.

"Yah..Eva, don't jump," Seokjin scolded as he looked down at the thrilled mammal. "You know better."

"Your name's Eva?" (Y/N) asked the dog in a higher pitched tone than her regular voice. "You're so pretty, Eva!" (Y/N) modestly held down her short gray skirt as she slowly lowered her bare knees to the spotless hardwood floors so she could get a better advantage of petting and soon cuddling the chubby dog when the dark coated animal lowered herself to the ground with (Y/N).

Eva was practically Seokjin's baby, no doubt. He can remember the day his father had bought her as a Christmas gift, though it was also clearly another strategy of his desperate parents to make him more socially motivated to go out with the dog and speak to other dog owners in parks and such; which of course Seokjin did not do but receiving the dog made him undeniably happy. Before formally meeting (Y/N) Eva was in a sense, all Seokjin had. Dogs are amazing companions and great at sensing how their owner is feeling. Whenever Seokjin was feeling upset about something or lonely, Eva would not hesitate to curl up right beside him and lay her head on his lap out of silent comfort. That was the best thing about dogs and just animals in general, you don't have to talk for them to understand you and when you feel lonely they're always there to remind you that they love and acknowledge your presence the most no matter what the situation.

They're truly loyal.

Eva was a pit bull-lab mix and she possessed a a black fur coat with some sections of her body white. She had a tiny baby pink patch of fur that settled on the white part of her muzzle and faded into the pure black of her wet nose. Eva has the roundest and largest golden honey and caramel eyes, they were probably the prettiest pair of eyes that (Y/N) had ever seen!