♪ | twenty one

In your eyes that looked at me the Milky Way flowed

NCT 127 - Fly Away With Me ♪

September 3rd72 days to debut

September 3rd
72 days to debut

A date was fixed fast. The album would release on November 14th of that year. I was nervous. Very nervous. But my title track was coming along quite nicely. I still worked on more songs. My B-track wasn't ready in the slightest bit. I needed something to write about, something to inspire me.

"'Blooming Love' or 'Snowdrops'?"

Mark looked at me puzzled at the random question.

"The name of the title track. We haven't decided yet, but it's between those two now. What do you think?"

He hummed, "how does it go again?"

I cleared my throat before singing the chorus, "Blooming love, Oh, blooming love, Time has passed, And we have lost~ But I can't keep away, No matter what you say~ Blooming love, Oh, blooming love, Come back to me~"

"Blooming love sounds like the right choice," he said. "Yeah, but later it goes 'Did you know that Snowdrops bloom in winter?' And that's kind of the point of the song you know? That their love is unique," I explained.

"Snowdrops then."

"Ugh, you're no help," I turned away, laying down flat on the rug we had placed on the floor.

We were on the rooftop of Moonshine Ent. It was kind of a wild idea, especially because Mark's debut was scheduled for the day after that. I was worried he'd get sick because of the wind—even though it was technically still Summer, the weather had become quite chilly—but he insisted he'd be fine.

So there we were. Laying down on an old rug. The shining light of the stars had never looked so bright. They smiled at me from the distance as the dark clouds danced around the milky moon. I could have easily let myself go and dreamt on that hard rooftop floor, until I felt his hand on mine.

Even the smallest touch was enough for me to melt at his feet. "The moon is really full today," he said out of the blue, earning a little chuckle from me. "It's so quiet up here." I looked to my right, his side profile shining under the dim lighting; a lone bulb and the starry sky, the only sources of light. My heart skipped a beat at the sight.

"Don't tell me you're getting sleepy," I joked. He smiled slightly, still gazing up into the distance, "I couldn't sleep if I tried," he replied.

I didn't need to ask why as I already knew the reason. If I was the one debuting in less than 24 hours, I couldn't have slept either. So I resorted to just giving his hand a small, sympathetic squeeze.

He turned to me, "by the way, Sunny hasn't caused any more trouble, right? Since you finished her song?"

I was surprised at the sudden topic change but shook it off, replying a small "no". He sweetly smiled and placed a hand on my head, patting my hair softly, "I'm glad."

We went back to our original positions, looking up into the night, searching the sky for that same peaceful feeling the name "Sunny" had managed to wreck in only a second.

Why am I so bothered? He's just looking out for me. I hope he never has to deal with someone like that... he's too sweet.

"You'll do great tomorrow," I assured him.

"You'll be there, right?"

"Of course!"

His grip on my hand tightened, "thank you , Seyeon."

𖥸

September 4th71 days to debut

September 4th
71 days to debut

"Are you sure we can be in here?" I asked Hyerin as we walked around the backstage of the music show.

"Calm down, girl. I've been here countless times with Mr. Kim. If anyone asks just say you're my intern."

She sounded so confident as she spoke. I sincerely hoped I wouldn't get in trouble for being there, but her plan was pretty good. I promised Mark I would be see him and that was the only way to do so.

Frankly, I was scared that if I stood in the crowd someone would recognize me from the scandal with Doyoung and make a mess, so hiding behind a face-mask while I followed Hyerin in the busy hallway was my best and only option.

"I think it's over there," she said, pointing at a door at the end of the corridor, "let's go."

I was nervous, good nervous, excited to see Mark on his big day. I took a deep breath, pulling down my mask to greet him and the rest of S5L with a smile. I knocked once before turning the handle and walking in the room, but to my surprise he wasn't there, instead it was Sunny.

"You again," she glared.