.

.

.

So what, then he would have found himself a great girl, like he said talkative and lively...

.

.

.

Somewhere inside her brain, there was a ferocious voice that wanted to ask if 'Mallika' was the one girl who's ever been  lively and fun, or was he just blind to every other girl? 

She wanted ask how many times he had chided or made fun of her talkativeness but now that it's from someone else it was charming all of a sudden?

She gulped down these acidic thoughts, she didn't know where the animosity came from, she liked that girl. Granted she had only seen her twice, but she really did think Mallika was nice.

She concluded that she probably didn't like that Kathir had other friends... or more specifically other female friends...

Maybe she just really liked being the only girl in his age that he could talk to, joke with and share anything too... but now there was an addition to his clique and that... was... fine...

Ugh...

She was being childish, and she was overthinking... they were friends, that's all...

"Hello! Kekuriya illaya?" came Kathirs voice, pulling her back into reality.

"Huh? Enna sonna?"

"Adi Pavvi, unnakaga na menakettu poi edam lam pathan nu sonna... unnaku dance classes aramikanuma vendama?" he asked her. She fixed her eyes on him, intensely and stayed silent.

Yennakaga mennakatiya? Illa unaakaga menakettiya?

She couldn't voice any of this...

So she nodded and he started talking again.

"Appo nee eppo free'yo sollu, namma poi antha edatha pakalam, ohn veedu lenthu konjam thoram than, unnaku pudicha classes ah arami, illa na thirupiyume theduvom okay ya?" 

Normally she would have been elated at the fact that he included himself in this search for her, like it was a given that was going to be involved or that denotation that they were a team.

But today was different... she just didn't know why...

She kept staring to the field light green bristles that moved in ripples along with the wind. She was exhausted from the constant thinking and not voicing any of her thoughts, and she really couldn't come up with any another reason to say no, to what seemed like a great place, it technically checked all the boxes...

There was not one single reason she should say no...

She really hoped there was...

"Okay va?" he prompted her again.

"Na okay sonna matum pathathu, amma appavum okay solanum la.." she mumbled.

"Ama la unnaga amma va maranthutan..."

So it was back to 'unga amma' now...

She rolled her eyes, scowling at that and he smirked, she understood that he said that on purpose.

"Avanga othukala na appudiye vituruviya enna?" he asked, his eyes suddenly genuinely concerned.

"Apuudi illa Kathiru ..."

"Etha oru point la namma, namma life ah vazhanum la, ezhathukum amma solarathey kekamudiyathu, avanga valzhatha kalam vera nammalthu vera, athuku nu pechukekavenam nu sollala... avangaluku ohn nelamai ya puriyavai..."

"Theriyum... ippo than kalayanam vendam nu appa kita pessanum nu nenchikitu irunthan... seri va time aguthu polam..." he said with sad huff, it always came out as a sad huff when he realises they have to leave this place. She nodded, and jumped down from the edge and pulled on her slippers.

"Mullai?" he whispered, she looked up at that fragile soft tone all of a sudden.

"Huh?"

"Annan sonnatha manasula vechikatha... athu.. unna pathi annanku theriyathu la athan.." he said fumbling around with the keys not able to meet her eyes.

And just like that he erased all her unnecessary worries about a third person...

And proved once again, how explicably beautiful their bond between has become...

She cocked her hip and crossed her arms, and the joy he birthed in her, was fighting for release. She bit her lip and raised her eyebrow to a side.

"Appo yenna pathi unnaku nala theriyum? Appudi thane?" she asked her voice, rich in question and patronising, knowing exactly how it would get a raise out of him.

His features readjusted themselves to show confusion, his brows furrowed as ego flushed in him.

"Nee illa nu vera solluviya?" he answered a question with a question, challenging her to deny their closeness, he didn't know why it irked him to have her question that. It was like she hit his sense of pride.

She smirked, there... she thought as his face changed colour and his body became stiff with the kind of arrogance that she liked. The arrogance meant he didn't  want her to even jokingly question what they had.

Her ego that took a hit few minutes back with the mention of a new comer, gobbled up his confidence in them, in their bond, like a hungry monster.

And with that satisfied smirk she turned around, and walked away in haughtily, her hips swaying with each step. Without giving a proper answer to Kathir.

"Ai! Bathil solri.. Mullai! Bathil solitu po!" hehuffed indignantly, following her.