Part One ~ Chapter Two

Start from the beginning

“Is that even possible?” Julia questioned.

“Well, there are two hundred and six bones in an adult human’s body, so yes.” Kyle explained, and Mr. Clark nodded.

“I was so right about you. Okay, I’ll prepare myself to be proved wrong. I won’t be too hurt if it happens. Next person?”

“I am Ethan, and my hobby is painting.”

“Well, that’s kind of cool; I always wished I was artistic. I’m not though. I am not the most creative guy around. Next?”

“I’m Matt, and my hobbies are football and running.” I introduced myself to Mr. Clark.

“Hello Matt. Are you on the football team then?”

“Yeah.”

“And you do cross country?”

“Uh…no. I just kind of run on my own.”

“I see, a mind clearer. That’s what I call activities I do when I need a little break from life. You?” Mr. Clark shifted his focus to Julia.

“I am Juila and I like to play the electric bass.” She spoke quietly. Julia was always the one who came across as rather reticent. Mr. Clark nodded in appreciation and smiled at Julia. He then turned his attention to Amy.

“You?”

“I’m Amy! I like to dance and experiment around with a few other things.”

“Dance, interesting. I plan to spice class up with some music hopefully, maybe you’ll show us a few moves,”

“That’d be cool, but I doubt Matt would ever be able to pick up the graceful part.” Amy joked playfully. Mr. Clark grinned and moved on to Andrew.

“My name is Andrew and my hobby would be soccer.”

“You’re on the team?”

“Yeah, but the fall season is almost over.”

“Well, I wish your teams luck. I hadn’t really planned much of anything for a lesson today besides some introductions and then games or whatever, so I guess you can all just talk for the rest of class. I’ll just sit here, ask me anything you want.”

We all turned to each other exchanging grins. Math class was sounding so much better already, and it almost made me forget about ubiquitous Mr. Grey. There was, as always, the slight nagging feeling that never left me, but I was trying to deal with that. Although Mr. Grey was sending us mixed signals that left nebulous impressions behind, we were going to work out the kinks with that eventually.

“I’m so, so, so incredibly glad he isn’t someone in cahoots with Mr. Grey. You don’t even know how relieving it is and what solace I found in the fact that he is a pleasant guy like this.” Julia looked like she was about to just float away on a cloud of glee in comparison to what a dead weight full of worries she was earlier that morning.

“Well, we can’t always make such quick judgments on people, we never know.”

“Yes, but look at the guy. He isn’t someone who is going to try and poison our food or chase us through the woods with a gun.”

“True, okay Andrew, I have to agree with you for once.”

“Amy! Are you feeling alright?” Julia held a hand up to Amy’s forehead, which Amy swatted away.

“Gosh, we aren’t always so disagreeable, are we?” Amy muttered.

“Actually, I think I have never seen two more pugnacious people than you and Andrew.” I provided.

“Matt! I just noticed! You’re using your big words again once in a while!” Amy clapped excitedly. “See, sometimes it can be nice to let yourself be happy with life.”

“I’m not happy with life. I can’t be happy with life if a dead man is threatening my father, it sounds like it’s something from a supernatural movie. I’m just trying to let myself be relieved that Mr. Grey isn’t going to be in the same clearing with us every day alone for an hour. Do you know how scary it was to sit in math class with him after everything he did?”

“Well, I don’t know about you guys,” Julia started, “But I personally find it a little scarier that we have no idea whether he is dead or alive. Mr. Grey’s manipulated our minds to the point where I’m scared to turn my back on anything, and I think that was exactly what he was going for.”

___________________________

OHMYGOSH GUESS WHAT GUYS

HAMILTON ACADEMY BOOK ONE IS A FINALIST IN THE WATTY'S

I screamed so loud when I hear, you wouldn't even believe. It's SO CRAZY to me, I still cannot get over it!!!!

I'm SOOOO thankful for everyone's support-you guys got me there! You are all the best!

So, thoughts on this chapter? Any ideas yet about what's up with Mr. Grey?

xx

Ella

Comment, Vote, Fan<3