Part One ~ Chapter Eight

“This was the second time I was just giving myself into the hands of Mr. Grey.”

-Amy

------------

  Julia and I sat in my room, wondering what to do about the situation.

                “I’m really worried about Matt,” I sighed. “I’m afraid one day things are just going to get to be too much for him. And then…I dunno.”

                “Shouldn’t we go after him?” Julia asked, staring out my window and down the street. “Is it safe out there with Mr. Grey?”

                “He needs his time.” I got up and shut the curtains. “It’s a lot to take in at once. Matt’s had a rough few years. First with Tim and Kelly, then with the kidnapping, now this. When we all thought it could possibly be over.  I couldn’t even begin to imagine what on earth he could be going through. Sometimes people just need time to sort themselves out.”

                Julia mumbled something that I didn’t hear.

                “What?”

                “He’s had time! He sent us all of to this boarding school to get away from all of this for God’s sake! Isn’t that enough? He’s the reason Mr. Grey is coming after us! And you know what’s going to happen? Once he is done with Simeon, he will come after our families. He will never be satisfied until every single one of us is dead.”

                I sat there, stunned.

                But the astonishment soon turned to anger.

                “You blame him, don’t you?”

                Julia wouldn’t look me in the eye.

                “Dammit Julia, don’t you get what he’s going through? I know you guys would all have done the same for me, if the situation had been reversed. Do you think Matt asked for this? You think he knew his mom’s ex was going to be working there seeking revenge that is off the scale psychotic? This isn’t his fault, and he isn’t to blame!”

                “Well I didn’t ask for any of this either,” Julia muttered.

                “I cannot believe you!” I got up from my chair, ready to tell her to get the hell out of my house. “What kind of a true friend are you? I know you’ve always been quiet, but I didn’t realize that was the kind of thoughts that had been going on in your little devil of a brain!”

                “I know you think it too,” she whispered. “Even if you won’t admit it.”

                I shook my head. “I’m not blaming anybody. We are all in this together. And putting the blame on somebody isn’t going to help us stay alive. Trusting each other, sticking by each other, that’s what will. And if you don’t think so, then fine. Just leave Hamilton and stay out of our lives, but don’t hurt Matt any more than he’s already gotten. He doesn’t deserve that.”

                “Your kumbaya crap isn’t going to work!” Julia threw her hands up in the air. “We can’t all hold hands and stick together, we’ll all just go down in the end!” She had gone over to my window to open the curtain.

                “What are you-?”

                “Shhh.” She slowly opened them up, and I could feel like her eyes were trying to tell me something. She grabbed a pen and paper from my desk, still talking. “I want out.” She was scribbling frantically. “A true friend would understand why I don’t want this anymore. I know you are all just going to end up dead anyway, and if I stick with you then the same will happen to me. I want out.” Julia handed me the note, and I could actually see fear in her eyes.

                I looked at what she had written.

                Mr. Grey threatened to kill my parents if I didn’t pick a fight with you. He wants to tear us all apart. Keep yelling.

                “Fine then,” I spat, “we don’t need you.” I pointed towards the door. “Get the hell out of my room.”

                Julia smiled at me, and I smiled back to let her know I understood. I should have realized the Julia I know would never had said or thought such things. She was better than that.

                Suddenly, I heard something that seemed to be coming from downstairs. Julia and I looked at each other immediately, our eyes widening.

                “Did you lock the door?” she mouthed.

                I shook my head.

                Her face clouded with fear.

                “Let’s go check,” I whispered, inching towards the door.

                Julia nodded solemnly, sneaking out and closing the door behind her. We tip toed down the stair case, my heart hammering louder and louder. Suddenly, I got a bad flashback from the cabin when Matt and I were going into the basement, and I almost lost my grip on the railing.

                Images of running through the dark night clouded my vision.

                The phone ringing.

                Mr. Grey on the other end.

                We weren’t going to make it off this mountain.

                Julia steadied my hand and gave me a questioning look. I gave her a reassuring smile and kept going, shaking the memory out of my mind.

                This was the second time I was just giving myself into the hands of Mr. Grey.

                When we got downstairs, my door was wide open. I could see a figure at the very end of the street, but they were too tiny to make out and it would be no use trying to catch up to them at this point.

                “I’m so sorry,” Julia said, shaking, picking up a note she found on my kitchen counter. “I didn’t know… I didn’t know he wanted me to cause a fight so that I’d create a distraction and he could break in. I thought it was for the sole reason of splitting us apart.”

                I read the note quickly. See how easy it was for me to get in? Better lock up your doors, Amy. Or it’s your family next.

                I sighed, realizing what Mr. Grey had just done.

                “He’s fooled us all,” I whispered, feeling numb inside. “We have to keep acting like we’re fighting Julia, for the sake of your family…”

                “Thank you.”

                “He’s better at this game than we thought.”

____________

SO SORRY FOR THE DELAY. Things have gotten busy, ya know the holdiays :P 

Hope you guys all have a great break!

So what do you think of this chapter? It's was kind of just a filler, sorry, I typed it up really quickly. Hope it was dramatic enough for ya haha. It's pretty crappy.

Anywhoo, tell me what ya think. Mr. Grey is pretty evil, eh? And quite the smart one.

No promises on when the next chapter will be up. Sorrrryy.

Peace.

xx

Ella

Comment, vote, fan<3