Part 3

*A month later*
You fall out of bed after your horrific nightmare. Your parents were abusing you again and calling you names.
You take a deep breath and try to shake off the memory. "I'm useless. Worthless." You whisper, voice cracking.
You stumble to the bathroom and go through your drawers looking for a razor blade, one that won't take away pain, but cause more.
"I need it." You breathe, searching more wildly. "I can't do this." You say. You stop mid-search and stare at the wall, remembering throwing them away.
You slam your hand against the sink and shriek. "I should've kept one." You cry.
"I can't handle the pain." You say. You walk to the kitchen and see your cellphone on the counter. You press the home button and see Aidan's daily morning message: "How're you doing today?".
You sob and throw lean against the counter. You fall to your knees and place your hands to your head. "I can't do this!" You scream, weeping. "I-I-I can't." You stutter.
You take in shuddering breaths and lift your head. You look to your knife drawer and swallow. You shakily stand and make your way there. You open the drawer and see a sticky note. You pick it up and read it. "You're more important. You're beautiful and worth me to me than anything." You swallow at Aidan's lovely script.
For the past month you've been finding these sweet notes all around the house and they've always managed to help you.
"Not this time." You whisper, throwing the note to the ground.

You stand in your living room, a knife placed against your wrist. You stare at it and shake.
You close your eyes and take a deep breath. "I'm sorry." You breathe.
You're about to press the knife against your skin when you stop. Your eyes widen and you gasp. You drop the knife and it clatters to the floor. You take a step back, a hand to your mouth. Your front door bursts open and Aidan walks in, a harried expression on his face. "Y/N!" He exclaims rushing to you.
You stare at the knife and he follows your gaze. "Did you...?" He asks. You shake your head and collapse against him. "I was so close. So close to cutting. I don't know what made me stop." You say, shuddering.
"I'm so proud of you, Y/N. You resisted against the pull to do it." He says.
"I feel so free. I feel like I can beat it now." You breathe. "Why did you come?" You ask peering up at him.
"You always answered my text within the first five minutes. It was two hours and still no reply; I knew something was wrong." He answers, patting your back.
"I can't believe I could've just ruined a hard month work of trying." You say incredulous.
Aidan takes your face in his hands. "But you didn't. And it's admirable. You're walking towards victory, Y/N. Let nothing stop." He says, kissing your forehead.
[THE END] I hope you liked it!