Part 1

You open up Aidan's office door just as he's about to open it. Aidan Turner, your best friend, is a psychologist. "Y/N." He says surprised. "What are you doing here?" He asks.
Tears slide down your cheek and your hold your arms to your waist. "I-I-I needed to see you." You stutter. Aidan notices your tears and a concern expression takes over his face.
"Come. Come inside, we'll talk." He says, grabbing your arm. You gasp and pull it back, the cuts on your clothed arm are still too sore to handle pressure.
You blink back tears and walk inside his office.
"Lay down." He says, ushering to a leather couch. He takes a chair near while you lay on the couch, shaking.
"Now tell me, what's wrong?" He asks worriedly.
You look at him and sniff. "I can't do this anymore." You say hoarsely. He touches your hand. "Do what?" He asks softly.
You sniff and sit up straight on the couch. You roll up your long sleeves of your shirt, with a shaking hand.
Aidan gasps at the many thin scars on your wrists and fore-arms. Dried, crusted blood follows some of the cuts. "Y/N..." He breathes, his mouth slipping open.
You place your head in your hands and weep. "What have I become, Aidan? I want to stop; but yet I can't! It has such a hold on me." You sob, shoulders shaking.
Aidan places a comforting hand on your shoulder. "What made you start this?" He asks.
You sniff and look up at him. "I started three years ago. When my parents were going through a divorce. Their tempers would be really short and they'd yell at me for the simplest thing. They'd..." You sniff. "They'd abuse me sometimes...each taking turns. I thought my life was-is-worth nothing. I can't do this alone." You cry.
Aidan pulls you into a hug. "You're not doing it alone anymore. I'm going to be here with you, every step of the way."
Aidan hands you a cup of tea and drapes a blanket over your shoulder. He sits next to you and wraps an arm over your shoulder. "How come you never told me?" He asks.
"Well, after I moved out of my parents home, I thought the cutting would get better. But it with me like Velcro. I wanted to tell you so many times; but I never had the courage." You say, looking up at him.
"And you got the courage to tell me tonight?" He asks. You nod. "Why?" He asks.
"Because...a month ago I was admitted into the hospital. I cut close so close to my vein and the bleeding wouldn't stop. I became scared because I didn't want to die yet. I drove to the hospital and they put me on suicide watch. They told me I needed to find a psychologist...and you're the only person I could dream of telling you about my problems." You answer.
Aidan's eyes fill with tears. "Y/N, I'm always here if you need to tell me something. I'm not going to judge, I want to help you. You're my friend and if anything ever happened to you, I don't know what I'd do." He says, hugging you.
You sniff, feeling the tears start again. "How do I get better?" You ask.
"We're already in the process. This is going to be a long and challenging road, Y/N. There will be times when you'll want to give in and cut. But knowing you, you're a fighter. And you won't back down from a challenge." He says.
"Thank you." You breathe.