Bonus Chapter 3

Bonus Chapter 3.

"I still don't understand what you are doing here," Ah-ro complained as she tried to feed little Han-seong his breakfast. But Han-seong, evidently, had other plans as he skirted away from his mother whenever she neared him. Ah-ro sighed. How could a two-year-old boy be so energetic all the time? It was highly ridiculous and fairly unfortunate for her.

Sa-do tutted as she snatched the bowl from her friend. "Oh Han-seong-ah! Come here!" The little boy immediately toddled over to her with unsteady legs and open arms. Placing the bowl on the cot she picked up the overactive little boy. Placing her hand over his ear, she dramatically whispered, "why don't you eat quickly and then we can play with Thunder."

Apparently, that was all that was needed to get the child to start eating his breakfast at breakneck speed. "What did you tell him?" Ah-ro suspiciously questioned. Sa-do shrugged as she went out to untie her horse and bring him into the courtyard. Han-seong squealed when he saw Thunder and scarfed down the rest of his breakfast quickly before tottering over to the majestic horse. Ah-ro rolled her eyes. "Stop spoiling him."

"I am not," Sa-do shot back, sticking her tongue out for added effect.

"Ahh fine. But why are you here?" Suddenly Sa-do's joyful mood vanished. "Don't tell me you guys fought again?" Ah-ro guessed knowledgeably from her experience. She had known her for a fair few years now, after all. And Sa-do's face said it all.

"How could he just declare that I won't be going on the mission like that?"

"Maybe because he is the King and he actually has the authority to do so?" Ah-ro tried to gently reason with her best friend.

Sa-do huffed, stomping her foot in aggravation, "I don't care! He still can't do that. What right does he have to dictate my actions?"

Pulling her down to sit on the cot, the doctor grabbed both her shoulders as she said, "maybe because he is the father of your unborn child." She watched with relief as some of the angry flames in her friend's eyes extinguished.

"But still..." Sa-do whined. She was getting desperate now.

"No," Ah-ro firmly reprimanded, "you need to understand that he is just being protective of you both."

Sa-do scoffed halfheartedly, "as if I am going to actually put my child in any danger."

"Park Sa-do can you guarantee your safety? Are you absolutely certain that no situation will come up in your mission that could hold even the slightest threat or danger for you or your child?"

Sa-do looked away, unable to meet Ah-ro's eyes. She gulped. Could she be completely sure of that? The answer was simple. No. Their missions were always unpredictable. How could she be positive of any degree of safety?

Knowing she had one the argument, Ah-ro reached for her friend's hand. "You can't expect him not to be worried. You already know how anxious he gets normally when it comes to you. You should see his condition when you leave for your missions. And you are pregnant right now. How can he not be distressed?"