02 | FRIENDS

Art credits: rkawkemflq on IG/Twitter.

Sandy groaned as he left the battlefield. He was exhausted. During the duo showdown match, he had to carry his team because his teammate was a newbie. A very stupid one at that.

I'm so tired.

I want to take a nap.

But I have four more matches...

Fuck.

He made his way to the lounge. He was going to take a nap one way or another. At least he had about fifteen minutes before another match.

As he arrived at the lounge, he spotted an empty couch. He made his way to the couch before his eyes caught something interesting.

The other brawlers were surrounding somethi-- or maybe, someone. This caught Sandy's interest. He turned from the couch, making his way to the crowd.

When he was there, he couldn't see anything because the other brawlers covered whatever they were on about.

He sighed.

This was not helping his curiosity at all.

"So you're the new brawler?" came a question from one of the Legendary brawlers — who was called as Leon.

What? A new brawler?

How come I haven't heard about that before?

A very familiar voice answered him in an excited tone, "Yes! My name's (Y/n)! I'm looking forward to brawl with all of you!"

"Ahh, you're such a darling, (Y/n)," Piper commented.

"O-oh! Thank you!" The voice replied.

Who is that?

Why do they sound oddly familiar?

Why... why do they sound like the girl from my dreams?

I'm so curious...

Sandy bit his lower lip, he was desperate to see whoever (Y/n) was. He decided to slip through the crowd. Some brawlers called him rude and other names but he didn't care.

And when he finally made his way through the crowd, he freezed. He saw the girl he had been searching for.

The girl that had (e/c) orbs, short/medium-length/long (h/c) locks that gracefully decorated her beautiful face, and plump lips.

What?

Am I crazy or--?

She's here?

She's really here?

She looks exactly like the girl from my dream but... more mature.

As if on cue, she turned her head to Sandy. And when she saw him, her glimmering (e/c) orbs widened.

Sandy wanted to talk to her, he wanted to be closer. But... he didn't have the guts to do so. He felt... shy, which was very unusual of him.

Goddammit, c'mon Sandy, it's okay.

Just walk to her and ask her if she recognizes me.

But, if she doesn't recognize me... I'll be embarrassed for the rest of my life!

You know what? I don't care. At least, I asked her.

He was about to walk towards her but stopped himself when the girl, herself, made her way to him.

He was dumbfounded.

He didn't know how to react.

This made the other brawlers around them confused and curious.

As the girl who was called (Y/n) was now standing in front of him, she spoke, "Hey! I think I've seen you before. But, I couldn't remember your name... I'm (Y/n)! And you are...?"

Some gasps and whispers could be heard in the background.

"She knew Sandy?"

"Are they in a relationship?"

"No, you stupid. She said she couldn't remember his name,"

"I wonder how do they know each other..."

Sandy shook his head a little, trying to distract himself from the whispers before he answered the girl, "Oh yeah... I think I've seen you before too... My name's Sandy... Nice to meet you, (Y/n),"

"Oh! Your name rings a bell! You're the kid I saved back then, right? Do you remember?" She asked.

"O-oh... Yeah... I guess,"

So it wasn't just a dream.

So it really happened.

So it was my past.

But... why does it felt like it never happened?

She smiled before she spoke, "Say Sandy... Do you wanna be friends?"

Fellas, do you want the story to be slow-paced or fast-paced? ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

P. S. I changed my username to bunnychan101 because I think it's easier to remember ヘ( ̄ω ̄ヘ)