01 | DREAM

Art credits: me (bunnychan101 on IG).

He kept dreaming the same thing, everyday.

He remembered exactly the dream he had.

The sounds of children laughter erupted in the background. That group of children surrounded a little boy who was on his knees, sobbing.

Another boy stood in front of the crying boy. He was smirking as he kicked the crying boy on his stomach, sending him to the corner of the sandbox — they were all standing on.

“Look at you! You couldn’t even stand up for yourself! You’re powerless!” The boy laughed as his ‘friends’ did as well.

“Everyone here have powers. But you? You’re useless. How are you going to live up to your name, ‘Sandy’? You couldn’t even control the sands!” He added, embarrassing the crying boy — who was called as ‘Sandy’ — even more.

The boy forcefully grabbed Sandy’s hair, forcing him to look at him.

But he couldn’t.

Not when his eyes are filled with tears.

“Look at me when I talk to you, you useless piece of shit!”

But then, a sly smirk was painted on the boy’s face as he shoved Sandy’s head into the sands, attempting to suffocate him.

“Or maybe you shouldn’t! We’re on different level after all, peasant,

More laughter was heard on the background.

Soon enough, Sandy was out of breath. He desperately tried to free himself from his grasp, but he couldn’t. His heartbeat increased as he panicked.

Am I going to die?

I’m going to die and it’s because of these people!

And he remembered exactly his savior.

As if on cue, a voice shouted, “Hey, you! What are you doing to him, huh!?”

“It’s none of your business, little girl. Now, scram! Go play with your dolly or something!” He said in a mocking tone as his friends laughed even more.

“Leave him alone!” The little girl shouted again.

The boy’s grasp on Sandy’s violet locks was loosened which Sandy took advantage of, he freed himself from his grasp. Sandy gasped, taking as much oxygen he could.

“Or what? You’re gonna tell your mommy?”

“Or I’m gonna do this!” The little girl kicked the boy on his manhood which made the boy fall on his knees as he covered the part he was kicked on. His friends couldn’t do anything but let out a gasp.

Then, the girl made her way to Sandy. She lend a hand to Sandy as she asked, “Are you okay?”

And when he looked up.

He swore he thought he saw an angel.

Her (e/c) orbs, her short/medium-length/long (h/c) locks that gracefully decorated her beautiful face.

And those lips.

Oh, those plump lips.

If the two of them weren’t a child back then, he would have kissed her and thanked her.

“Hey? Are you okay?” The little girl repeated herself as she waved a hand in front of his face, snapping him out of his daze.

“Oh, yeah. I—I’m okay, thanks,”

The girl smiled softly before she spoke again, “No problem! If he messes with you again just tell me! And I’ll give him another kick to his thing!” She laughed.

Her laugh was melodious, it was angelic.

Her aura was also joyful.

Her smile was also beautiful.

And, she saved me.

He couldn’t help but smile.

And then, he would wake up.

Then, he would check the clock.

And then, the clock would show ‘05:30’.

It was like a routine.

He groaned before he sat on his bed. He hated that dream so much. He hated how that dream reminded him of his bullies. He hated how that dream reminded him the feeling of his head being shoved into the sands.

But, he liked one thing.

He liked how that dream reminded him of his savior. His beautiful savior.

But then again, he never gotten the name of his savior.

He groaned again before he stood up and made his way out of his room.

He went to the kitchen and when he arrived there, Crow was there. He was sitting on the dining table, reading a newspaper as he drank his coffee. Crow noticed that Sandy was up. And he could already guess why he was up.

“The same dream again?” Crow inquired.

Sandy yawned as he answered, “Yeah,”

He took a cup and poured some water in there before chugging it. He put the cup in the sink before making his way to the dining table.

He sat on a chair in front of Crow. Then, he crossed his arms on the table before resting his head on his arms.

Crow glanced at Sandy over his newspaper before he spoke, “You should get ready, kid. You have a lot of matches today,”

“I’m twenty,”

“Still a kid to me,”

He rolled his eyes as Crow playfully chuckled.

“I’ll wake the others. And when I get back, you better be ready,” Crow said as he stood up from his chair.

“Fine, dad,” He said in a mocking tone before he lazily stood up, slowly making his way to the bathroom.

Crow didn’t say anything but chuckled at how childish Sandy is.