"The X-Advisors..." Part XLVIII...

Começar do início

"Hello, there...Miss." He beamed at the large nurse who eyed him.

"Yes? Can I help you?"

"I believe you can...Thank you. Could you possibly point me and my dear fiancee here to the nearest restrooms?"

"Down that way, to the left." She pointed.

"Thank you so much. Come, Amy...Time to relieve our bladders as we exit for the evening."

Amy, sighing and rolling eyes, but dutifully following...

"Nice cardigan..." the nurse called.

"Thanks, I just got it from Amazon." Amy noted.

"The Amazon...?" the nurse stared.

"Absolutely...Made by friendly and lovable indigenous peoples of the rainforest, excuse us." Sheldon hastily covered.

"Thanks." Amy nodded to him as they hurried along. "Sorry for the slip-up, rookie time-traveler mistake."

"Perfectly understandable, darling...Here..." he paused by the restrooms.

"We go to the bathroom?" she eyed him.

"We got past the bulldog..." He smiled.

"Oh..." she grinned. "I get it. But won't she be looking for us to come back?"

"I told her we were exiting...My eidetic memory allowed me to memorize the map of the hospital emergency exit routes on the waiting room wall...There's an exit down the hall...But, we are not using it." Smile.

Smile back... "Sheldon...Now, we go into the bathroom and wait?"

"Ennt...The CCU nurse would question us, alerting the bulldog. No, we require camouflage, Doctor Fowler."

Stern eyeing.

Amy staring... "You mean...?"

"The room to the left, the doctors' locker room for this floor, including staff lab coats and IDs."

"Sheldon..." wide smile. "But was that on the map?"

"No, I just asked where the doctors' locker room was earlier...Claiming to be a poor but honest janitorial staff worker, new to the place. I flashed my Cal Tech id to a busy member of the staff and they were utterly deceived."

"Sheldon?" sly smile, shaking head. "Thank goodness, you use your powers for the good of Humanity."

"Indeed, Amy Farrah Fowler..." he nodded. "But hurry, the other nurse will appear in seconds...!"

They rushed into the doctors' locker room seizing coats and ids.

"Ok, she's in...Now we casually saunter to the door..." he noted, leading her out.

"Howdya do, Dr. Beckerman?" Sheldon, grinning at Amy.

"Just fine, Dr. Hauser..." glance at id badge, grin. "But won't the nurse...?"

"Just act busy, arrogant, and insistent...She'll be convinced."

"But once we're in?"

"Drs. Beckerman and Hauser take a mysterious hike, not to be seen again tonight and we slip into Penny's room." He noted.

"Excellent!" she beamed. "Ok, here she comes, right on schedule." Noting the CCU door

"Yeah, been one hell of a day, Amy...Fellow Doctor." Sheldon donning a jaded tone. "Just one more CCU check and I'm calling it a shift. Hey, there." As the CCU nurse came out. "Hold it would ya? Thanks..." he grabbed the door.

"Really gotta move it, you mind?" Amy, annoyed tone, slipping in.

"Could you please slide your badge?" the nurse frowned as Sheldon hurried in.

"Sorry, I got lives to save...Here it is..." flashing id card. "Next time, honey." He noted, arrogant tone, quickly pulling door closed.

The nurse shaking head.

"Wow. I never tried rudeness to get into a place before." Amy noted to Sheldon as they slipped into a cubicle.

"Gives one a feeling of power, doesn't it?" he nodded. "But don't abuse it, Amy Farrah Fowler. It can corrode the soul."

"I get that. It explains my health care center doctors."

Keep the coat, drop the id in the laundry bucket...He noted. "We didn't actually slide the ids so Drs. Beckerman and Hauser never enter here. If we're caught, we've only borrowed a spare lab coat and we're now just measly low-end medtechs who foolishly forgot their ids and wandered into the wrong place. Security just chases us out at worst."

"Just how many times have you done this, Sheldon?"

"About twice a year. I believe in six-month checkups but I dislike having strangers enter my personal space. Given I can operate any of the equipment and have a better grasp of the theory behind each procedure, I see no reason to allow it..."

"I see. And I'm touched that you let me enter your personal space, you know?" grin.

"You and you alone...Excepting one time I had to let Penny. She had dislocated her shoulder."

"What?"

"Hurry...We have to get in her room before anyone sees us."

"Yeah...But just how did she dislocate her shoulder?" As they entered Penny's room hurriedly.

"In the shower, naturally."

"What?"

...