001

may 14th, 2021
10:42 pm

CHARLOTTE, NORTH CAROLINA WAS UP TONIGHT

The ever-popular Club Onyx in the middle of the city had a line almost out the door and around the corner.

Juliette peered around at everyone in line behind her and front of her before turning to her childhood best friends, Shayla and Christina, and flashing a slightly annoyed expression, "I don't know why neither of you told me that we were supposed to wear white tonight."

She gestured to the multicolored sequined dress on her body and then to the trendy white dresses on her friends.

Shayla pushed back her straightened brown hair, "I texted the group chat that the dress code was white. You must've missed it."

"I hope they still let you in, Jules," Christina said in an anxious tone.

"They better," Juliette grumbled as the trio moved forward in the line.

Her first year at Howard University had come to a close and blowing off some steam with her lifelong friends was exactly what she needed.

The girl in front of the group was adorned in a red dress and the bouncer was an older African American man with a military buzzcut who took one look at her then shook his head before looking back down at the clipboard in his hands, "You're out of the dress code. Not tonight."

Juliette and her friends stepped forward and out of the corner of her eye, she could see her friends glance at the dress nervously and then back at the bouncer.

Juliette wasn't nervous.

Men were easy and with them, she knew how to get what she wanted.

The bouncer took a short glance at her dress and then raised his eyebrows.

Juliette flashed the man a large grin as she handed him her driver's license and she could already see his eyes soften a bit.

After looking at the identification and passing it back, the man waved his hand forward for all the girls to step through.

"You didn't even speak. How did you do that?" Shayla asked in an awed tone.

"Confidence." Juliette shrugged as the trio walked through.

The DJ in the club was blasting a Megan Thee Stallion song, the lights were flashing blue, yellow, pink, and white and the dance floor was completely covered from wall to wall.