𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧. street fighting man

Start from the beginning

   Even Meredith had laughed upon seeing the slimed Prefect when he appeared at the threshold of her dormitory room. She laughed for a good two minutes, Draco standing crossly at the door with his hands folded across his chest, before clambering off her bed and grabbing a hand towel from her drawer. This hadn't been the first time this had happened, so Draco already knew that he was hopeless at removing it. 

  He'd managed to spell most of the slimed substance out of his hair but some of it seemed to be permanently glued to his hair, so he would have to remove it the Muggle way. He sighed giving up on trying to rub it out himself, letting Meredith do it instead. They'd gone to the Prefects bathroom since it was usually empty now ( none of the Prefects wanted to face Pansy and Draco in fear of getting points docked for something or other ). The mermaid in the stained glass perked up curiously as they entered, the glass rivulets splashing around.

"Umbridge is foul, but she handed me an opportunity to get on the Ministry's good side, so I took it. You'd be stupid not to."

  Meredith violently yanked on a piece of hair to remove a blob of slime which had somehow hardened making her think that it was likely not slime ( leave it to the genius Weasley twins to create something so fun yet infuriatingly irritating ), causing Draco to yelp in surprise. She stared at the removed slime on her towel, "Yeah, I was really stupid not to join the Inquisitorial Squad. Would have loved to be slimed by my fellow classmates. Truly an exciting not-to-miss Hogwarts experience. Where can I sign up? Under 'Draco-I-just-got-slimed-because-everyone-thinks-that-I'm- a git-Malfoy?"

  Draco made a face at her as she plucked another piece from his platinum blonde hair.

  Meredith was extremely grateful to him for not ratting her out to Umbridge about being a member of Dumbledore's Army, but she wasn't about to join Umbridge's exclusive club of bullies. Firstly, it would've ruined the good reputation she had built up for being the 'nice' Slytherin of the lot. Secondly, she wasn't sure how long she could go before hexing Umbridge and probably getting arrested and sent to Azkaban for good measure. Maybe her father would finally write to her if she did.

  "She found out about another two members of Dumbledore's Army that weren't on the list. You've got to be extremely careful if she brings you in for questioning," He said quietly, eyes darting around, as Meredith continued trying to fix his hair. He had such lovely hair, too. Like silver spun from the stars. She dipped the towel into the bath and wiped off a spot near his eye as she answered, "She won't find out about me, Draco," and added on jokingly, "Even Umbridge adores me. Besides, I'm an excellent liar."

  "You are, are you?" Draco raised a brow questioningly. Meredith smiled cheekily, nodding, "Oh, the absolute best. I could tell you that I had saved Albus Dumbledore from a burning building and by the end of the conversation, you'd probably believe me."

  "Well, it looks like we'll be here for a while. Tell me something. I'll guess if it's a—Ow! Don't pull so hard—lie or not." Draco suggested. It was Meredith's turn to raise an eyebrow; where was he planning to go with this? Draco Malfoy was never a spur of a moment sort of person. He was someone who calculated the odds of everything, who had to think through a twenty step plan in his head before he did something even slightly reckless. Meredith once listened to him rationalise his choice to have toast for breakfast. By the time he had concluded his little presentation, Meredith had already consumed all the scrambled eggs and bacon on her plate and had even helped herself to a bowl of fruit. So, where was the ever meticulous boy heading with his plan of his?

  "Alright," She swallowed, her eyelashes fluttering as she thought about it for a moment, "I've never had a proper crush before." As soon as the words left her mouth, she immediately regretted it. She had no idea why her brain had immediately jumped to that topic of conversation, but before she could change her mind, Draco drawled, "Don't lie to me, Darling. We both know thats not true." Was it?