He said looking at him and rubbing the back of his head. Siddhant shook his head in disbelief.

"Why would I tell her? It's your love."

Shravan hugged him and kissed him on the cheek in excitement. Siddhant rubbed his cheek where he kissed and was making a disgusted face.

"So what was it that you wanted to meet me?"

"I wanted to tell you that I'm going to ask Ragini's hand for marriage."

Shravan covered his mouth with his hand.

"I cannot believe it. The Siddhant Sinha who was always so focused on making his career is considering of getting married so young!"

Shravan exclaimed loudly. Everyone in the store was looking at them. Siddhant was looking at them and smiling hiding his embarrassment. He grabbed him and murmured to him.

"Will you please talk in a low voice? Ye itni bhi badi baat nahi hai."

"It is a big thing. I thought that you would get married very late or never get married. How did you think of this? She has changed you so much. Ragini is surely something. I think... "

Shravan was thinking of a word to describe his friend. Siddhant was looking at him curiously.

"I think she is a witch. She has bewitched you..."

Siddhant shaked his head in disbelief and was going inside.

"Siddhant, listen to me. I think she must be a fairy."

Shravan teased him.

"Just shut up."

Siddhant went on a counter and pointed towards a ring in the case.

"Could you show me this ring?"

The salesgirl smiled at him and grabbed the ring. She put it in front of him. Siddhant was smiling looking at it.

"This ring is so pretty. Ragini, would love it. I didn't know that you know girls choice so well!"

"Aren't you here to buy something for Maya?"

"Oh! Yes. I'll go now."

Shravan went to another section to select a gift for Maya while Siddhant handed over the ring to that salesgirl.

"I will buy this."

The salesgirl smiled at him and held the ring.

"Do you have a message to convey to that lady? You can write it on this page and we'll print it on decorative card attached to it."

She handed him a piece of paper and Siddhant wrote on it.

"It would need a few minutes before you can make the payment."

The salesgirl took the paper and ring towards the payment counter.

Meanwhile, Shravan was confused seeing the various types of jewelry lined up in front of him.

"I don't know what to do? Should I call Siddhant? No. This is a gift from my side for Maya. So I should be the one choosing it."

Shravan calmed himself and closed his eyes. He tried to think of Maya and seeing her a smile automatically came on his face. He opened his eyes.

"I know what Maya will like."

He looked through the various options in front of him and he picked up one of them.

"Yes. This is the one. This would look so beautiful on her."

"So did you select anything?"

Siddhant came to stand beside him and put his arm around his shoulder.

"Yes."

Shravan was looking at the beautiful locket in his hand.

"She will love it, Shravan."

Shravan was still admiring the locket and smiling.

############################

Maya entered a store and went to the payment counter. The lady over the counter greeted her.

"How may I help you mam?"

Maya handed over a receipt to her.

"I'm here to take the delivery of the ring I brought here yesterday for some adjustments."

"I'll give it to you in a minute."

The lady called the salesgirl and showed her the receipt. Maya's attention was caught by the item which that salesgirl had just placed on the counter. It was a beautiful case with a card attached to it. She tried to closely look at what was written on the card.

For the love of my life, Ragini.

Maya got blank for a second. Just then the salesgirl called out Siddhant leaving Maya shocked. She turned and saw Siddhant coming towards the counter.

 She turned and saw Siddhant coming towards the counter

"Hi, Maya! What a surprise to see you!"

Maya tried to smile.

"Actually, I came here for..."

She was interrupted when the salesgirl put a bag in front of her.

"Mam, here's your delivery."

Maya grabbed the bag and made the payment.

"Siddhant, is this what you were here for?"

She indicated towards the case on the counter.

"Yes. I have decided to ask Ragini for marriage."

He was looking down as he was blushing while saying this. Maya was stunned but she tried to force a smile.

"Congratulations. I must leave now. I have to be somewhere."

Siddhant nodded and Maya left the store. Her eyes welled up. She supported herself by clutching the railing on the way.

"Siddhant, I have lost you."

She closed her eyes and a tear escaped from her eye.

############################

Will Ragini accept Siddhant's proposal? How will Maya react to the fact that Siddhant loves Ragini? What is the future of Shravan's love?

Vote
Comment
Share