Chapter 9

At evening...

"Sorry Ragini, for all that has happened today. This is your first time at my home and you got injured. I couldn't welcome you properly. I'll make tea for you. Aunty, will you have tea, too?"

"Yes sure."

Siddhant left the room.

"Ragu, how did all this happen? Are you fine now?"

"Maa, don't worry."

"How should I not worry? If it was not for Siddhant then what would have happened? You are becoming so careless. Siddhant told me."

"See, mom. Siddhant cares for me so much. He got so worried when I got injured. He took so much care of me."

"Yes, Ragini. He's really a good friend..."

"Not just a good friend but Siddhant...."

"The tea is ready. What were you talking about me, Ragini? Were you both mother and daughter bitching behind my back?"

 What were you talking about me, Ragini? Were you both mother and daughter bitching behind my back?"

"No beta, we were just..."

Ragini started laughing.

"Just look at your face, Siddhant...."

"Whatever..."

Siddhant kept the tray in front of Ragini.

"Have the tea, first. You know, I'm a good host."

Ragini sipped the tea.

"Are you sure, you made this tea? Because this is amazing."

Siddhant smiled and nodded.

Janki had sip from her cup and widened her eyes.

"Ragini, you loved the tea?"

"Aunty, what's the matter? Didn't you like the tea?"

"The tea is very good but I think that you have used garlic. And Ragini hates garlic."

"Maa, you didn't make such a tasty one out of garlic. The credit goes to Siddhant that I forgot the taste of garlic in the tea."

"You have changed Ragini."

"Siddhant has changed me."

RagSid have an intense eye lock. Janki takes this as a cue and leaves the room. Their eye lock breaks by the sound of Siddhant's ringtone. They both started looking around the room and Siddhant received the call.

"Hey, Shravan. Kitne dino baad yaad ayi tujhe meri. Kaha tha tu?"

"Actually, I was in London. Just returned today morning. I have decided to meet all our gang. I'm hosting a party for all of us so you have to come."

"Yaa, sure."

Siddhant looked at Ragini.

"Can I bring someone to accompany me to the party?"

"Yes, sure. Then let's meet at the party."

Siddhant kept his phone aside and went near Ragini.

"Ragini, will you come with me to my friend's party?"

Ragini's face brightened up.

"Yes, sure. I would love too."

"Actually, I want you to meet Shravan. He is a very nice guy. It's high time that you start dating."

Siddhant's words hit her hard.

"What? What are you saying?"

"Ragini, look. I'm with you now but I can't be with you always. When work needs me I have to go. And you deserve the world. As a friend, I wish that you get a guy who loves you no matter what..."

"Just shut up."

Siddhant was taken aback.

"Siddhant, you refused my love. But that doesn't mean that you can fix me up with some other guy."

Ragini shouted.

"Ragini, just understand once. All this is for your good. Shravan is a nice guy."

"Okay, fine. You do whatever you want to do. But the final decision will be mine."

Siddhant nodded.

"I want to go home."

"But..."

"Now."

"Okay."

Siddhant was going towards the hall

"Ragini, I know what you're doing. But you have to understand. I can't be yours. We can't be together. I can't let u come in between me and my career. Our paths our different. Please stop all this. I don't want to hurt you."

Siddhant dropped a disheartened Ragini alongwith her mom near their car and bid goodbye.

############################

This was a big day for RagSid with so much to reveal about each other. What will they do after knowing each other's intentions? How will they fight for their dreams? Ragini wants Siddhant and Siddhant wants success. Who will win?

Drop in your comments and let me know what you feel about the chapter.