Special chapter: Akashi birthday

Note: This take place before the drama meaning when Kimiko is still in Japan with the Generation of Miracles (Teiko time)

A/N: I know I’m late but it’s because I saved this as a draft and forgot to publish it T.T So sorry to my Akashi baby and you all

“Akashi birthday?” I asked. “If I remember correctly, it’s on the 20th December…”. “That’s right nanodayo. His birthday is in 3 days.”

“How should we celebrate it?” Satsuki asked with a troubled expression. We had a moment of silence to think of an idea. “What about a surprise party? I nonchalantly asked. “…THAT’S A GREAT IDEA!” They all exclaimed. But what present should I get him… maybe I should find out for myself.

Its winter now maybe he would appreciate a scarf? He doesn’t use a scarf… The classroom door slides open and I see Akashi shivering a little from the cold. I should get him a scarf after all!

“Okaasan I’m home~” I shouted from the door. “Welcome home” she said while drying the plates. “Nee okaasan, do you know how to erm…knit a scarf?” I embarrassingly asked. “I thought you hated knitting and sewing? You are so bad at those.” She said with a chuckle. I blushed and lightly hit her shoulders playfully while she continued laughing. “So who is getting that scarf?” Okaasan ask with a mischievous face. “No-Nobody!” I shouted and ran up to her room to get the knitting stuff.

Just then my phone lit up with a beep. I flipped open my phone and saw that Akashi had message me which was rare.

Sub: Club matters

Hello Kimiko, are you free on the 20th of December? I need to discuss some of the club matters with you. If you are not free we can always arrange another day.

Akashi

Wait…did he just forget his own birthday? I laughed out loud. The perfect Akashi forgot his own birthday! Well he will be getting a surprise…

Sub: So sorry

Hi Akashi, I’m not free on the 20th of December. So sorry about it! I have things to do that day.

Kimiko

I threw my phone on the bed while I ran down to get okaasan to teach me how to knit.

___

(19 December night-Friday)

Eh? When did I fall asleep? I was knitting and oh. I looked in front of me to see 4 failed scarfs. I continued to knit the scarf I was working on. The scarf is red in colour with white snowflakes at the end. After I did the finishing touches, I immediately put it into a bag and fell asleep.

(20 December- Sat)

So they surprise party was supposed to be held at my house because it’s the most convenient.  Satsuki and the Generation of Miracles except for Akashi has arrived. We begin to bake the cake and set up the decorations. We baked a large one for all of us. Aomine suddenly popped up when we were done baking the cake. “I’ll frost and decorate it!” He said and took the coloured frostings. He seems to be confident so I let him do it. I prepared the other decorations and food while Aomine was decorating the cake.

I saw Satsuki walk and look past the food table when she suddenly fell on the floor with a face of disgust and horror. I went over to see whats wrong and covered my mouth in shock. Aomine drew Akashi face on the cake. Akashi had no nose and his eyes were distorted. He mouth was a wiggly line and Aomine drew boobs and a half assed stickman body. “Kami sama please help this child…” I muttered with wide eyes. Ah whatever, there is no time to remake it…I got ready the confetti poppers and waited for Akashi to come. I told him yesterday that I was free for the meeting and he was coming over for the meeting. I off all the lights and I heard footsteps so I told everyone to be silent.

I heard a knock on the door but I didn’t open it. “Kimiko?” I heard Akashi say from the other side of the door. I purposely left my door unlocked~ He soon open the door a little to see if anyone was home. On cue we all pop open the confetti poppers and the confetti dropped beautifully onto him. I turned on the lights and we all took a deep breath “HAPPY BIRTHDAY!” We all shouted with happiness. We lead him to the table to get the party started while I ran up my room to get the scarf.

I came down to the living room to see Akashi having fun and eating his cake. I lightly tapped his shoulders shyly and he looked over his shoulders. I gripped on the bag tightly before taking a deep breath. “Happy birthday!” I said and I shoved the bag to him. His eyes widen slightly before smiling a little. “Can I open it?” He asked while I just nodded.  He took out the scarf and looked at it. I got even more embarrassed at my bad knitting work. He proceeded to put on the scarf.

"Its warm..."

“Thank you Kimiko. I’m really happy.” Akashi said with a big smile.

The boy in front of me who has red hair and red eyes who had flushed cheek, red nose and ears from the winter, was smiling very brightly.

My birthday was in 3 days’ time but if I get to see that smile on that day, it might be the best present I ever get.

Happy birthday to you Seijuro!