6. The Countryside

Começar do início

Donghyuck fell asleep merely around twenty minutes into the trip, his head lying on Johnny's shoulder while snoring softly. They had exhausted themselves packing as much stuff as they could, even though this was supposed to be a temporary visit. At least Johnny's boss didn't care, claiming they were too worried with the state of the royal family to care about their workers. Rude, but what could you do?

At least he wasn't getting fired. He did feel bad for the people who passed away, and got tense at the thought that Donghyuck could have easily been the sixth person.

Not to mention they had a dead body in the back of the cart, but anyways! No time to worry about that now.

To be honest, Johnny had no idea what he was supposed to do with the body. His plan was to ask Xiaojun questions about the corpse, but after that, how was he supposed to get rid of it? Surely Xiaojun wasn't going to be fond of the idea of Johnny, an old classmate, showing up with the body of someone who tried to kill his younger brother. Anyone who was half-sane would think that.

The trip was long, but thankful it was coming to an end, as Johnny saw the sign signalling the entrance to the small town. Donghyuck was still fast asleep, not waking up once during the trip, despite all the bumpy roads. Usually he was a light sleeper, so this was amazing Johnny.

Johnny reigned their horse to take them in front of the building that looked like the main town hall, so he now had to wake Donghyuck up to make sure no one stole from them. "Haechan," he said, using their fake names for the trip. "Haechan, wake up."

He shook his brother's shoulder softly, not wanting to startle the younger awake. Finally, though, Donghyuck yawned, stretching his arms as he accidentally elbowed Johnny in the face, causing him to fall off the cart.

Donghyuck was still half asleep, so he didn't see Johnny fall as his eyes were still closed. When he finally opened them, he looked around, confused as to where Johnny could have been. "Jo-I mean, Youngho?"

"Here." He heard a faint voice come from the ground. "I was waking you up to let you know we're here."

"Already?" Donghyuck took off his blanket and stood up, stretching his legs. "That was quick."

Johnny got up from the ground slowly, hand on his hip as he heard a joint crack. "Damn, I really am old."

"You're like, two years older." Donghyuck jumped off the cart onto the ground, admiring the town. It was really small, with all the buildings spread out, definitely not like Neo City. Lots of grass and trees everywhere. "This place looks really funky."

"Well, you like exploring, so it's a plus for you- ay!" He pointed at Donghyuck, who was moving away from the cart. "You stay here. I have to find out where Xiaojun is, plus where we can a room."

"Roger that," Donghyuck said, making the hand gesture. "I'll take care of... uh, Jo- I mean Youngho, he needs a name."

"Call him Mark or whatever, I don't care." Johnny grabbed his bag filled with some documents and walked towards the entrance of the town hall. "I'll be back, don't let go of the knife.

Donghyuck climbed back onto the cart, pouting even though he knew Johnny couldn't see him anymore. Blame it on Johnny to always do the fun stuff.

There weren't a lot of people on the street, but they were all giving Donghyuck a dirty look. Was it because he and Johnny spoke in Korean? His older brother said something about a lot of Chinese living here. Maybe they just acted like this with newcomers? Hopefully this wasn't a town where everyone knew each other.

He turned around to stare at the back of the cart, hoping no one would come by and steal anything, when to his surprise, the tarp started moving.