Chapter 9: Virtual World, Stage 1

Start from the beginning

"It was already invisi-" Aquarius shushed her quickly, a furrow between his brow. "That's odd. Well, maybe whatever you got has an 'invisible mode', like our Arms Inventories. Anyway, let's move. Maybe we can figure out yours and our gifts as we go along." 

The trio started walking-well, actually, the correct word was moonwalking. 

Literally. 

They took one step and to their surprise launched into the air like a rabbit and floated there for a few seconds before going down. Then again, the fact that they kept on flailing around before they could land didn't really help. "Wah wah wah wah waaaaahh!!" 

"What the hell's going on?! Why are we moonwalking like we're in space?!" Aries yelled, letting out a stream of impressive curses when she tried to take a step and inside did an extremely clumsy cartwheel and a flip midair before landing on her head. 

"Maybe it's because these islands are so far connected," Aquarius suggested, landing and jumping again. "But why do I get the feeling that Ursa just wants to see us tumbling-!!" 

"Oh that is SO not fair you little cheater!" Aries yelled at Taurus, who was standing on his Blue Disk. 

"Ah, wait for me!" Aquarius hopped into the air and managed to land on the disk. "C'mon, gain your balance already and come up, oh great second-in-command." 

"Shut up!" Aries wobbled a little more. "I'm just not used to having no gravity when we walk!" Eventually she managed to jump onto the disk, nearly knocking Taurus off. 

The little golden ball appeared again. "Oh, so you cleared the first test that quickly? Congratulations. I didn't even think of that when I gave Taurus those tapes to watch." 

"This was a test?!" Aries demanded indignantly. "We literally just got here!" 

"So?" Ursa asked, and they could practically hear her smirking, "What does that matter? Anyway, come on back to the ground. Usually the inhabitants here only use this partial-gravity trick to jump from island to island. I just fixed it a tad bit for you guys, but it's back to normal now." 

True to her word when they touched the ground again they could walk like normal people. "Okay, bye now, I got some other zodiacs to take care of! See ya, don't die! Oh, and also, I was lying about it being the first test, I just wanted to see your reactions!" 

She disappeared right as Aries's sword pierced the air where it'd been a second before. "THAT GODDAMN BEAR-!!" 

----------------------------------------------

Stage One / Environment : Sugar Sweets Castle

"OH. MY. GOSH. Guys, TELL ME THAT ISN'T A CASTLE MADE OF SWEETS." Right in front of them was a castle made of all sorts of sweet things. (Leave it up to your imagination)

Virgo sighed, reached over, closed Leo's jaw, then wiped off his drool. "It is." 

"IT'S HEAVEN!!!" 

"You'll get fat." 

"Wait-" Leo seemed to realize who he was talking too and yelped, jumping back. "Holy shi-Is that you, Virgo?!" 

Virgo sighed heavily. "Yes, it is. And, unfortunately for us, our third companion is currently sleeping." 

They both turned to look at Libra, who was snoozing away on her floating pillow. "We'll worry about her later. Besides, I'm pretty sure she can defend herself. Anyway, back to the point of subject-WHY THE HECK DO YOU LOOK LIKE THAT?!" 

"So dramatic," Virgo sighed. "It's just my avatar, Leo. I'll still look the same in the end." 

"Oh." Leo paused, then did a double take at Libra. "UHHHHH WHAT HAPPENED TO HER-?!"