Chapter 2: Explanations

Nobody POV

The attacker had slashed a knife across Aquarius's shoulder before he could blink, warm red staining his white shirt. He cursed and clamped a hand on his shoulder. Damn...! I knew I should've worn full-body armor today, but I didn't think we'd be attacked today! He watched the attacker dart back, quicker than a blink. And whoever that is has got superspeed. Not good. 

"Dammit!" He cursed, drawing a knife. Again, before he could react the knife sliced into his stomach. He caught the eyes of Taurus who was watching in horror. "Run!" he spat. I can't beat someone who's got superspeed, but the least I can do is buy him some time. And I could use my abilities, but...

"I'm not leaving you!" Taurus shouted. 

The attacker cackled. "There's nothing you can do, even with your two abilities, you don't know how to use them." A moment later Aquarius felt himself hauled to the ground. "Say night-night, my boy!" 

Damn, what do I do...! 

"Mr. Aquarius..." Taurus whispered, holding out a hand. Bolts of electricity started crackling around him, and frost started gathering around the plants. 

"Get... your hands... OFF HIM!!" As he screamed, that lightning flashed and arced all over the place. 

"Argggghhh!" Aquarius felt the attacker's grip loosen on him, and then he dropped to the ground, twitching like a bug. Aquarius rose, holding his wounds, and raised his knife. 

"No." Aquarius looked up in surprise. Taurus walked towards him. His eyes were cold, angry, and flashing. "Let me." 

To his absolute shock Taurus held out a hand. Frost gathered and sharpened in his hand, elgonating until it transformed into a long, wickedly sharp ice spear. "He won't get out of his alive." So saying he took the spear and let it fall onto the attacker, piercing him through the heart. A few moments later he stopped moving, and the ice slowly disentegrated. 

Taurus turned to Aquarius, worry clouding over his golden eyes again. "Are you alright, Mr. Aquarius?" 

Aquarius was busy lost in thought. An ice spear?! What?! That's one of the rarest forms of the ice elemental there is and takes a long time to learn! I guess Ursa wasn't lying when she said that Taurus was powerful... 

Gemini and Virgo ran into the courtyard. "I felt electricity! What's going on-Ohhhhhhhhh." Gemini grinned. "Got yourself hurt, eh?" 

"Be a little more considerate," Virgo snapped. "It's rare for any one of us to get hurt, so that's why Mini's being such a prat," he told Taurus. Then he paused. "Wait. The earlier electrical storm? That was you?" 

Taurus let his bangs cover his eyes again. "...Yes. Mr. Aquarius was in danger. Wait-" he looked up in alarm. "Please don't tell anyone about this!" 

"Don't worry. In fact, we're just like you," Aquarius said. "I was going to kill the guy myself, but you took care of it faster than I'd anticipated." 

"Hey, before we do anything, can somebody please explain why there's a dead body in the courtyard?" Gemini cut in, wrinkling her nose at the body. "It's gross." 

Quickly Aquarius relayed the events to them. 

"Oh-kay, we've got to leave now," Virgo decided the minute he was finished. "Ursa won't like this. We're not supposed to just go rampant like that." 

Gemini, totally ignoring Virgo, turned to Taurus with sparkling eyes. "Oooo, is that really true? That's so cool! Aquarius over here can't do nearly that sophisticated things!"