angels and cats

His message was enough to make her smile.
After a few failed attempts she managed to connect to the game, content that she was spending time with him.

A wave of sadness hit her when she remembered how much fun they had on the game but she suppressed it.
She was doing that a lot apparently.
A notice popped on her screen:
"Kadrin requests your permission to teleport to you."
Clicking on accept she watched his character joining hers in a random coffee shop.
She couldn't bring him in their home in the game, there were too many things that could reveal their relationship.
In all fairness, now that some time passed she didn't exactly understand why she couldn't tell him the truth.
She guessed that some research was on her to do list in the near future.
"So, how do you want to play? Can I video call or we type?"
she grimaced. Glancing at her reflection in the coffee table she shook her head.
"Let's stay like this for now, i look like shit and we can video call tomorrow if we decide to play again."
She saw his character nodding, then he started writing then deleting, only to send her an
"Alright, then. So how we play?"
She clicked on his character, checking his history.
"Well I'm looking at your character and apparently he is smoking too much. I have no idea why you wanted him to smoke to be honest, we don't. Anyway, I have a few options here.
I can do nothing, I can suggest him to keep smoking, I can suggest him to visit a doctor, but I will..."
Selecting the last option she watched the screen as if it was going to turn into gold at any second.
She didn't remember much about their caracters and the custom messages they set, they didn't play in a long time, so she was curious how her suggestion was going to be sent to him.
Hopefully he didn't set her as his girlfriend.
Oh what the hell, she couldn't fool herself. She hoped he did, at least he'd find the truth.
She hated lying to him, even more when she wasn't sure why telling him everything was such a big mistake.
"Really? Rofl all suggestions are so... Sweet?"
She blinked.
"Um, I don't think so? I don't remember what we set, it's a custom message. Screenshot and show me?"
It didn't take him long to send her how the message looked.
*While you enjoy your morning coffee, you reach out for the pack of cigars when the dream you had last night pops into your mind.
You remember your guardian angel suggesting you to try to slow down, for your own good.   You can feel  Her worry, warmth and love even now. You have a choice. Follow the suggestion or ignore it?*
She blushed. In the beginning he used to call her his angel.
That became her role in the life of his character.

"Ah, that! Yeah, it was kind of a joke between us, I always tried to be there for your character so... you set my role to that."

"Ah good. Then it makes sense", was his answer. Diandra snickered.

"why do i have the feeling that you're amused?"

He sent her a smirking face.

"Maybe because i am? I mean it's funny but also sweet. Actually now I'm curious, what's your message?"

She frowned, struggling to remember.

"I have no idea. Click on my character and send me a suggestion."

*You order your fourth mug of coffee. When the mug is in front of you, Kittenball, the little cat you adopted climbs on the table and hits the mug with his paw, spilling the hot liquid all over, but luckily not on you.

Kittenball looks at you then points to the table of drinks, his eyes fixed on the water.
He turns and looks at you, as if he's trying to tell you something.

Drink coffee but don't forget water. Accept or dismiss Kittenball's suggestion?*

Diandra gasped.
"Holy fuck."

It didn't take her long to burst into laughter.

"Screenshot?" Asked Kaden, clearly curious.

She snickered and sent him the answer.

"What the? You're my guardian angel and i'm your... cat or whatever is a kittenball? I'm weirdly offended. What's the story?"

She managed to stop grinning enough to answer.

"We were hanging out in the park watching over our characters, when we got the perfect opportunity to get them to meet.

Your character found a cat and brought him to my character. You told me that you're not a cat person but
for the sake of... getting them to know each other, you took advantage of the opportunity.
Our characters became friends and one day he was curled up on the rug and the kitten was next to him. They looked like two balls, adorable and sleepy.
I started calling you kittenball to tease you, but because I was having too much fun I made my guardian a kittenball. I thought that you were going to kill me."

She smiled at the memory.

"You're crazy. It's not too late, apparently I have to kill my best friend." He sent her a grin then a smile.

"I'd like to stay more angel, but I need to help brother clean the house, sister and her girlfriend will visit. I'll connect tomorrow too, I want to learn more about the game, you and me."

Desire and love rushed through her when she saw how he worded the sentence. Not friend, not Diandra.
Smirking she answered.
"See you tomorrow, Kittenball! Make sure that you clean the dust properly. Your kitty fluff should help!"

Author's note:
Yay for a new chapter!
A fun chapter, too!
I love how it looks.
This is the unedited version, I am writing on my tablet.
When I get to my computer I will edit.
Thanks for reading!