7

"Eden!" I roll my eyes at the familiar voice. I turn to see who had walked into the Tattoo Parlor. "Hi, Brennen." I smile towards him.

After Colby and I ate and hung out, I sadly went to work. He said he had to film for his youtube channel anyway.

I walk over to Brennen as he stood at the counter. He looked worried.

"I just got done talking to Colby. He mentioned Blair." I sit on the stool by the counter.

"Are you okay?" He asked. I could tell he wasn't trying to pry. He really seemed worried. I sighed before speaking.

"I was pissed at first, but I don't really care anymore." I shrug. I heard footsteps behind me so I turned around and saw Austin.

He leaned over the counter, flexing his tattoos. "Are we gossiping over here?" He whispered.

"Blair kicked her out of the condo." Austin looked over at me.

I hadn't told him yet because I didn't want him to freak out. Knowing that he's twenty-nine and I don't have any siblings, he was like my brother.

"Shit, for real?" He asked as I nodded my head. "She kicked me out late last night. Colby's letting me stay with him." I nervously play with a pen.

"Isn't Colby the dude Brennen tried to set you up with?" Austin asked trying to remember everything.

"I mean, it's working. She probably slept in his bed." Brennen joked. Austin scrunched his nose up.

It made me smile as knowing how grossed out he got. "Bro, I don't wanna think of that." Brennen laughed at him as we talked.

It was fun to have Brennen here, Tuesday's aren't our busiest days. "Just promise that you two keep your hands to yourselves." Austin told me.

"It's not like that. We're just friends." Brennen groaned. "Don't friend zone him yet, Eden. Give him a chance." Brennen told me.

I rolled my eyes. "You know I love you, but I can handle my own love life." I tell him lightly. I don't wanna rush and force anything.

I'm perfectly fine with being just friends right now. I feel like he's one of the only friends I have. Work didn't take too long.

We eventually did get costumers so that was good. When I was driving, Colby texted to me he was out back.

When I pulled in, I went straight to the back. I could hear voices. And then I saw their faces. Ivy and Casey.

I stopped in my tracks as they looked over at me. "Eden, please don't be mad." Colby calmly told me.

"What're they doing here?" I ask as he walks over towards me. He laces our fingers together and takes me towards the girls.

We sit down as they stare at us. "They wanna talk." Colby calmly said. I wait to see what they have to say.

"Eden, we can't tell you how sorry we are. We should've said something to stop Blair." I rolled my eyes.

"You didn't though. You just stood there and watched as Blair kicked me out." It came out angrier than it should've.

They looked at each other and then back at me. "We talked to her about it last night. She didn't listen at first but Ivy kinda yelled at her." Ivy nodded.

That took me back. Ivy doesn't yell at anyone. I waited for her to say something. "I just told her to stop being bitchy to everyone." Ivy explained.

I could tell they were being serious. "Wait, why isn't she here if you guys talked to her?" I ask confused.

"She figured you needed your space. Plus, we told her we would talk to you." Casey explained to me. I looked at Colby.

He seemed like he believed them. I sigh. "It'll take me a day or two, then I'll come back. But we know she'll get controlling again." I tell them.

I miss my friends, I just don't miss the controlling side. I need a little break from Blair. But this is how we always are.

We fight, not talk for awhile, but then we make up. But I have a feeling this time is gonna be really different.

"If you girls want, you can stay here for a couple of hours and hang out." Colby offered, speaking up.

They looked at each other and smiled. "If it's fine with you guys." Ivy smiled. I looked at Colby to see him looking at as.

I nodded as he did the same. "I'll go get you guys drinks." He stood up and walked towards the house.

The girls were looking at me weirdly. "I think he might have a crush on you." I roll my eyes as they smile.

"I've only known him for a week or two. Nothing's gonna happen." I try to convince them. A boy and a girl can be friends without anything happening.

Colby came back with drinks and we all hung out for awhile. It was actually really fun.

After they left, Colby and I were in his room talking. "So, how're you feeling about everything?" He asked. I thought for a minute.

"Better. I'm still mad at Blair. But hopefully she's changed." I shrug. He smiles a little though.

"You look better." I looked down so I could hide my smile. I couldn't tell if it was flirty or not. I pushed it away though.

"I never really got to thank you. You really didn't have to let me stay." I really was thankful for him.

He could've pushed me away, shut the door in my face. But he let me in. He's letting me stay in his house.

Even though we barely know each other. "That's what friends are for." I moved over so we could hug each other.

We both wrapped each other up in our arms. It felt really good actually. Maybe a little too good. Him embracing me felt really nice.

I felt safe in his arms. Like nothing could harm me. We eventually fell asleep holding each other.

And it was the best way to fall asleep.