Chapter 4: Wild Card (Pt.2)

"Now, let's start the second indoor person-to-person training match!" I heard the timer start and left my starting point in building B. Last round I played in favor of the heroes. This round I'm playing in favor of the villain team.

I could feel the hero team. One stood behind the other while he touched the wall, starting to freeze it. The ice spread rapidly and covered the entire hallway, quickly covering the entire building. I simply focused my heat on my feet, keeping from being frozen to the ground and rushed to the invisible girl, only finding her because of her contact with the frozen floor and her voice.

I unfroze her feet from the floor, leaving a puddle of lukewarm water but also being careful not to hurt her feet.

"I'm going to pick you up. We have to hurry," I told her, hesitantly putting my arms where I thought her legs and back were to hold her in a princess carry. "From what I can tell, one of the hero team members is already at the weapon room,"

"O-okay," She wrapped her arms around my shoulders, making it easier for me to run and we took off. I used the air to propel us forward and we soon made it to the hall the room with the weapon was in. I could see the white and red haired boy standing in front of the door and he turned as I stopped at the end of the hallway.

He turned back, stepping into the room and closing the door, ice sealing it. I smirked, making my own doorway and walking through, the invisible girl still in my arms. The boy with the tail was still frozen to the floor, with his arms in a fighting position.

"You can move if you want, but the skin on your feet will come off, so you won't be able to fight your best," The hero said smugly, while walking towards him.

"I can fight, though," I replied, grinning as he looked back at me. Ice crept up my shoes and wrapped around my ankles. I simply focused my body heat, melting the ice and freeing my feet. "You'll have to do better than freezing my feet, popsicle. You're not the only one here with elemental powers,"

He shot ice at me. I stomped, pushing concrete up and making a wall. The ice hit the wall, shattering on impact. The wall went back down and I set the invisible girl on her feet. The weapon was surrounded by concrete, from the ground to the ceiling.

Popsicle turned to look at it after hearing the shifting of the concrete and I grabbed him with vines. He struggled as he was dragged to the wall, away from the weapon and the boy with the tail, who was now standing in a puddle of water as I had melted the ice on his feet. The vines let go of him and retreated back to my arms. I glanced down, sighing at the green that had spread to my wrists.

He rushed forwards, winding up a punch. I dodged as he tried to hit me, getting into a fighting position. He faced me, getting into a fighting stance as well. We stared at each other for a few minutes. I smirked and his eyes widened a bit. Rushing forward, I caught him off guard, maneuvering to the side and swiping his feet out from under him. He hit the ground hard, gasping for breath.

My opponent rolled on his side, pushing into a kneeling position. He panted, still recovering from having the wind knocked out of him.

He jumped at me, pushing me onto the ground and sitting on my stomach. I rolled, switching our positions and holding his wrists to the ground with bindes from the concrete. He struggled against the binds as I patted my pockets for the capture tape. Pulling it out of my pocket, I unrolled it. He pulled his legs under mine and to his chest, shoving his feet into my stomach. I coughed, holding my stomach in pain.

"Little help here," I wheezed out, holding up the capture tape as the popsicle struggled against the bindes. The villain team snapped out of their trance before wrapping capture tape around one of the popsicles arms.

I felt the popsicle's partner start into the building, probably wondering what was going on and I trapped him in concrete, much like the weapon as I caught my breath.

We waited a few minutes, popsicles partner trying to break the concrete and the four of us talking. I learned that popsicles' name was Shoto Todoroki, tail boy's name was Mashirao Ojiro and invisible girl was Toru Hagakure. Soon, the timer went off and All Might announced that the villain team won.

~~~

"Good work everyone!" All Might congratulated us. "And we didn't have any major injuries! You guys took this seriously! You all did a good job for your first training!" Why is he always so loud?

"To have such a proper class after Mr.Aizawa's class..." The frog girl chimed in. "Is kind of anticlimactic," Many people nodded in agreement.

"We're free to have proper classes, as well!" All Might spread his arms out in the air. "I have to review the results with Aizawa. Change and return..." He turned, shooting down the hall. "To the classroom!"

"All Might's amazing!" The electric kid commented.

"Why was he in such a hurry?" Ojiro asked. He's running out of time in that form. Of course, I can't say that so I just shrugged.

"So cool," The toddler kid covered his mouth.

~~~

We were all in the classroom waiting for Midoriya. He was resting in the nurse's office after passing out from what I assume was the stress and the combined force of the injuries he sustained during the training. I sat back to back with Tokoyami, talking to him, Ojiro and Jiro and listening as Aoyama, Ashido, Asui, Kirishima, Sato, Sero and Mineta introduced themselves to Midoriya.

"Tokoyami! (Y/N)!" Iida was speed walking over to us. He stopped in front of Tokoyami, all of us looking over at him as he swung his arms around. "That desk is not a chair. Get off immediately,"

"It's not that big a deal, is it?" Jiro asked. Iida was shocked.

"What's with those hands, anyway?" Ojiro pointed at Iida's hands.

"You people..." Iida moved his hand in a chopping motion. "I cannot condone actions that disrespect the desks the great men and women who are our upperclassmen once used!"

"You're too loud," Tokoyami commented as I laid my head back over his shoulder, looking at Iida upside down.

"Yeah," I agreed, groaning as Uraraka walked in and started yelling about how Recovery Girl didn't heal Midoriya's injuries. He explained it to her before asking about Bakugo. Once Bakugo had heard his name, he opened his eyes.

He was leaning against the window in front of me. I had convinced him to stay by offering to treat him to his choice afterwards.

"C-can we talk, Kacchan?" Midoriya stuttered as usual. Bakugo tsked, but nodded before standings and leaving the room, me and Midoriya following.

"I'm going to talk to my dad. Come by the teachers lounge when you're done," I told Bakugo before walking down the hall and to the teachers lounge.

My dad had insisted on giving me money to pay for dinner. He laughed, ruffling my hair.

"You're making friends," He grinned lightly at me. "Invite some more people out. Make friends with your classmates," He pulled his wallet out, shoving his debit card into my hands.

"Are you sure?" I asked, looking at the card in my hand. "You said this wasn't the place for making friends,"

"It's different for you," My dad sat on the edge of his desk. "You've been homeschooled all your life. You've never had the chance to make friends with kids your age. Besides, I know you'll work hard, even while having fun with your friends,"

"Thanks, dad," I grinned at him, putting the card in my wallet as the door opened.