Chapter 8: Rules & Virtual World (Part One)

Start from the beginning

"Rule number five: If we catch you showing off or criticizing others you will be put into suspense and punished depending on the severity. This is mainly so that the zodiacs can work together better and not feel ostracized. You got all of that?" Ursa finished. 

"So, question," Leo spoke up. "I have a girl gang literally following me around all the time. Can you please wipe their memories?" 

Ursa smirked. "Sorry, but that would count as trivial 'cause they'd just fall back in love all over again." Leo groaned. "Anyway, any more questions?" 

Silence. 

"Great, no more questions." Ursa suddenly looked a lot more excited. "Now, moving on to the more exciting part. Today's the weekend, I understand that, but I've prepared a fun game for you!" 

When she was met with no reaction she groaned. "Fine, be like that. It's called 'Virtual World'. It's a game Sun, Moon, and Universe came up with for the earlier zodiac groups. This game is special because, unlike being like normal games, you actually can be in the game. By wearing this special headset-" she produced a helmet similar to a motorcycle one or a space helmet one- "-you can create your avatar or your 'data' and actually experience the world that is essentially virtual but very real."

"That's amazing!" Capricorn exclaimed. "Hey, why didn't you tell me about this earlier?" 

Ursa smiled at him. "Ask Sun that the next time he visits. Anyway, so we'll be playing this game for now to improve your teamwork and also train. Time works differently in this world, so don't worry about time. Besides, on the off chance it'll take longer than that, we can just ask Moon to do some magic. Or even Sun, he's more powerful. 

"In this game, I will give you each a helmet and then transport you in groups of three to random Stage 1s. There are four stages and you must defeat the 'villain' and complete a 'quest' on each stage before moving on. You cannot move on until you complete the quest. I will be able to keep touch, so don't worry. Be warned, you can still take injuries in this world, and though your physical self won't feel it or have any of them, the virtual you can still feel the pain, so please don't be reckless. Your powers work fine as well. Now-" she snapped her fingers and all of a sudden the zodiacs found themselves seated in a chair with a helmet in their hands. "When you create your data, just so know, don't make it look like yourselves. You can alter whatever you'd like but you have to make ay least one change to your current appearance. Please try and talk as less as possible when you create it and think carefully about it. Your arms inventory will also magically appear with you, don't worry about that. Also, when you enter you will automatically be gifted with a 'gift' but it's up to you to figure out how to control and use them properly. Have fun! And don't die, because then I'll be demoted!" 

On that note, the zodiacs put their helmets on and slipped into 'Virtual World'. 

Aries

Welcome. A melodic voice flooded into my head. I gasped aloud. Welcome to Virtual World. You're new. Before my eyes I saw a shining scale bubbling with light with a screen attached to it and a bar just below it. 

Please enter the name of the avatar that will be shown in that world. 

Preparing Transmission. Please enter your avatar's name. 

Um, so I guess I'll stay with my normal name, I thought. Maybe I could add a last name...? 

Think as you press down on the button on your right armrest, the voice told me. 

Okay then... I pressed down on the button as I thought, Aries Fireram. The sound of keys clacking filled my head for a moment, then stopped. The name has been entered.