Coming Home(2)

Coming Home (Chapter Two)

An hour later, Clint came down from the roof. Having decided what to do he started to make plans. Sitting at the dining table, next to a limestone hardtop bar dividing the kitchen and dining room (kinda like the one at stark tower). Making a schedule of some sort, a timetable of when he'd do things, take her out, reservations, movie times for the films she wanted to see or that he thought she might like. He knew what she liked, what he liked and that he had to do more than a few things to make this one night extra special and make her forget her past.

Just for that one night.

He'd planned to do it on their 4 week R&R rotation. 4 weeks from now, plenty of time to call and make reservations.

From the beginning of the second week he would take her out every night and do something fun and special, with a few nights missed otherwise she'd suspect something. Gradually building the list until halfway into the 3rd week.

The night she'd forget it all.

He smiled at his thoughts. God, I love Natasha he thought to himself again. Still scribbling down onto a peice of paper notes from the screen of his laptop.

At that point her heard a motorbike pull up their gravel driveway. He bolted right up in his seat.

Nat's back, he thought.

Quickly getting all of his papers, placing them on top of the keyboard and shutting the screen onto it, hiding the documents inside before he put his laptop on top of a cabinet they had in dining room next to the table he was sitting at.

There were footsteps crunching the gravel, he quickly straightened himself out, combing a hand through his disheveled hair and breathing deeply to hide his quickening heartbeat.

There was a knock on the door.

"Coming." he called, checking himself one last time in the hallway mirror, then walked to the door and opened it to see Natasha standing in front of him.

Looking like she's been in a war.

"Woah! What happened?" He asked, eyes growing wide to take in what he was seeing.

She stood in front of him, wearing her catsuit which was looking slightly damp. Her long hair that she had grown back longer than it what it was when she was undercover at Stark Industries, was fizzy and singed, not to mention disheveled and unbrushed. She had a cut under her left ear and a cracked lip. Probably from being so dry and her habit of biting it. She also had a suspicious looking bump on her hairline which worried him. Her eyes were quite dark and she looked exhausted.

He stepped out of the door and pulled her into his arms and chest, his right arm on the small of her back pulling her close and his left on the back of her head, gently holding it against his chest and lower neck. He swayed her slightly left to right using his hips. Just because he knew she liked it, no matter how many times she denied it.

Her arms went around his back, hugging him back and pulling him into her embrace.

They held this position for a very long time, Clint slowly rocking them side to side and back and forth. Natasha hiding her face in Clints chest for a long awaited comfort. Before he slowly broke it.

He placed his hand on her shoulders and looked into her emerald-green eyes. "Are you alright?" he asked, a worried look on his face and his tone obvioudly showing it. She nodded in response and smiled up at his. He placed his left hand on her cheek and she lent into it. She smiled again and he smiled back at her, glad that she was ok.

He leant forward and kissed her on her forehead, her eyes closing as his lips lingered on her forehead, savouring the moment. He then moved away from her and let his arms fall to his sides, though his hands were still held a bit forward. Clint then took a step to her right and lifted her up bridal style instead. She laughed when he picked her up, it was a surprised laugh. Full of joy and surprise with a hint of exhaustion.