Knave

Brody's POV

I ran through Misty Lake when I see the sacred sword on a hill next to a big tree "This must be it" I said looking at the sword "Are you ready? Merlina asks "Ready for what?" I ask confused "If you remove that sword and defeat king Arthur with it...You shall forever be the worst of knights, slayer of kings..." Merlina said "Oh well. Guess I can't be the hero every time" I said shrugging and I pulled the sword out.

"The sacred sword..." I said looking at it "It goes by the name Caliburn" Merlina said "He's kinda sorry looking" I said "Fool" the sword said startling me "Whoa!" I said as the sword opened his eyes and got of my hand standing by the pointy part of the sword.

" I said looking at it "It goes by the name Caliburn" Merlina said "He's kinda sorry looking" I said "Fool" the sword said startling me "Whoa!" I said as the sword opened his eyes and got of my hand standing by the pointy part of the sword

"You are the chosen one?! You are but a squire!" Caliburn said asI hold him from his hilt "Oh yeah?! Says you!" I said "The sword has a mind of its own. It selects its bearer" Merlina said "Yeah, well he's got a pretty smart mouth on it for a sword" I said "Hmph! The impertinent one is you, Knave!" Caliburn said "Brace yourself, for I shall train you until you are worthy!" He said when I see King Arthur arriving "All right professor! Work your magic!" I said getting ready to fight with Caliburn as my sword.

I defeated King Arthur but it didn't seem to face him at all "This could go on forever. You sure you're a sacred sword?" I asked "It is you sir who lacks the proper fightibg skills" Caliburn said and King Arthur jumped on his horse "Bah! A fool of a knight not even worth slaying" he said "Do you see? He thinks so too!" Caliburn said and I glare at Caliburn "Well it's your fault! You're a sad excuse for a teacher!" I said as King Arthur leaves.

Merlina said walked over to us "For as long as he bears that scabbard...We may never be able to defeat King Arthur" Merlina said "So what are we going to do?" I ask looking at her "We must ask the scabbard's former owner how to hinder its power" Caliburn said "And who would that be?" I ask him "Nimue, the Gentleman of the Lake. The one I mentioned earlier" Merlina said "What are we waiting for? Let's go pay him a little visit" I said "I fear it may not be as simple as that" Caliburn said "What do you mean?" I asked "You shall see for yourself. Onward, my young knave" Caliburn said "Stop calling me 'knave!'  I'm Brody the Wolf!" I said annoyed "Very well, then. I shall call you Knave the Wolf" Caliburn said "Whatever, you oversized letter opener" I said running off with Caliburn in my hand.

*Later*

"Hm....I suppose something must be done about this" Caliburn said as I run on a grassy path with Merlina following me "What're you talking about?" I asked "My edge has grown blunt" Caliburn said "Being in that rock for so long has taken its toll" he said "Heh! Not the sharpest tool in the shed huh?" I asked with a grin "That's because a gentleman shouldn't have such an edge" Caliburn said "Gentleman? Who are you calling gentleman?" I asked "Seek out the blacksmith in the castle town" Caliburn said "I must be presentable when we meet the Gentleman of the Lake" he said and then I looked at Merlina "What're you gonna do Merlina?" I asked but she grabbed a flower "Merlina? Hello...?" I asked "Why do flowers bloom, knowing they are destined to wither?" Merlina asks smelling the flower "Huh?" I asked confused "Their time of beauty is so short-lived...." Merlina said as the flower withered "Forgive me, Brody but I would be recognized in town" she said "I shall remain behind in hiding" she said "All right. Then I guess it's so long for now" I said "Yes. May your journey be safe" Merlina said as I run off to town.

*At Castle town*

When I arrived to Castle town and the blacksmith's shop I was suprised who I saw Tails!

"Hey! Tails?! Nah, it can't be..." I said "This is the smithy right?" I asked "It sure is! Welcome, sir knight!" 'Tails' said smiling "He is no knight. At least not yet" Caliburn said getting infront of me "Says you" I said rolling my eyes "What a magnificent sword! I've never seen one that talks before!" Tails said suprised "Oh, it talks alright..." I said as we headed inside.

"I know a fine blade when I see it! I am a blacksmith, after all!" 'Tails' said "Great. Think you could sharpen this dull piece of rust?" I ask "Fool! It is you who is dull!" Caliburn said "Of course I could! Now, what's the sword's name?" Tails asked "Caliburn" Caliburn said "hm? Caliburn? Where have I heard that name before?" Tails asks "Sorry, but could you please speed it up a bit? We're kinda in a hurry" I said smiling "Sure! Leave it to me!" Tails said and I waited for him to finish.

I wonder how long is Caliburn gonna keep calling me knave.