chapter 9

previously on chapter 8...

ciarán's pov

ciarán: yo i finished the lyrics for my verse on NST

ian: fuckin finally man, i been asking for it since forever

send it over dawg

ciarán:

big trauma, stone cold stunna

shotgunna, hot like summer

my lover, ain't no sucker

she'll break your windows, that's no fun, uh

ian: dude thats fire, whats the inspo

ciarán: long story, i'll tell u about it tonight

today's been fuckin crazy you're not gonna believe it

ian: can't wait 😏

i heard the door open, and glanced up to see ivy walk back in. she clasped her hands together cheerily. "okay. let's finally do what we were supposed to do today. let's get recording, baby!"

ivy's pov

it was getting late into the evening, and ciarán and i had made a lot of progress for my music; we recorded a ton of demos and shit. being extremely pleased with our work, i flopped back onto ciarán's bed and sighed loudly. "whew, that was great! we were so productive, and you were surprisingly easy to work with!"

ciarán sat down next to me and raised his eyebrow. "wow, so you thought i would be hard to work with, huh. guess i was the only one who thought we vibed pretty well together." "nah, i didn't mean it that way. i just thought it would be awkward, since it's our first time making music together," i explained, staring up and the ceiling. "i thought i would clam up and shit 'cause i can be a nervous wreck in front of new people. but i guess the... stalker fiasco earlier really just made me more comfortable around you, in a weird way."

quietly, he laid down next to me, and i turned my head to meet his clear blue eyes. "hey... i'm really sorry about all that happening to you. you didn't deserve to go through all that today, and i feel horrible that you felt unsafe in my house because of someone involved in my past. i-" reaching out, i booped his nose lightly. "shush, ci. it's not your fault at all, so stop apologizing. and don't worry, your presence itself already makes me feel all safe and cozy. like a teddy bear!" i smiled at the sight of him getting flustered at my words. "sappy ass," he grumbled, rolling on his side to face away from me.

we laid in a comfortable silence for a few moments until i spoke up softly while staring at his back. "hey... thanks for being there for me. like, in general. i don't have a lot of friends here in LA, and sometimes i feel like i'm a bother to them 'cause i have no one else to reach out to. developing a friendship with you along with the other brockhampton guys has made me feel really welcome and accepted. i'm really grateful that i also have new opportunities after getting to know y'all, and even when we come across difficulties like... uh, your crazy ex... we were able to handle it together. guess i really gotta thank deb for introducing me to y'all, huh."

ciarán turned to face me again, and my eyes widened slightly since his face was mere inches from mine. swallowing at the sight of his lidded blue eyes, i watched as they crinkled up from the lazy but genuine smile that spread across his face. "well, that was cheesy." scrunching up my face, i stuck my tongue out at him childishly. "whatever! you-" "wait, your face is getting red. aw, you gettin' shy?" he let out a low chuckle. ignoring his teasing, i involuntarily looked at his lips, our close proximity making it feel more intimate than it should be.