chapter 3

previously on chapter 2...

ciaran's pov

"now wait a mi-" as soon as i spoke up, ian burst out laughing. i looked at him in exasperation. "awww ciarán, my man, you finally have a crush! i've never seen you act like this. now you don't have to watch romance movies and fantasize about pretty girls to write your love songs, just write about her!" i cringed in annoyance.

fuck, i shouldn't have spoken up earlier. this is gonna be a long night, huh.

ivy's pov (next morning)

as i woke up, i grabbed my phone groggily, checking my social media for the latest updates. again, i saw more new comments on my recent posts talking about how the members of  brockhampton have followed me.

no way.

i frantically searched them up in my followers' search bar, and shockingly, it was true. maybe they really might want to work with me!

ivy, focus! you have things to do today, i thought. shaking myself out of my daze, i began to get ready, and after brushing my teeth and washing my face, i was ready to start the day now. i planned to go thrifting for some new clothes since some of my old clothes were donated or given away to friends when i was moving from korea to LA. with various thrift shop locations already on my mind, i smiled in anticipation, thinking of all the cool vintage clothing i could buy. hope i find some good stuff today.

driving to the closest goodwill, i found and bought some nice oversized tees in the men's section, but nothing else really caught my eye. heading to another thrift store close by called "american thrift" next door, i began rummaging through the racks in the jackets section. as i bopped my head lightly to the prince song that was playing throughout the store, something bright caught my eye on the rack a few feet away. intrigued, i headed over to check it out. just as i reached my hand out to the bright piece of clothing that seems to be a vintage windbreaker, another pair of hands landed on the jacket at the same time. startled, i looked up, and a skinny, bleach-blonde guy stared back in surprise.

"oh! you're that ivy girl i saw on instagram," the guy said with a lazy smirk. why does he look kind of familiar? "oh- you know me? that's surprising, i don't get recognized often, especially in america," i smiled shyly, and looked at both of our hands still holding onto the jacket. "um, you can take that," i gestured towards it. "nah, it'll look better on a pretty girl like you."

damn okay, he's flirty. i squinted at him, and it suddenly hit me. "you're that nick guy! from brockhampton, right? i just became a fan, deb got me into y'all recently." "yeah! you know ciarán, right? 'cuz he seems to know you."

i could feel my cheeks getting warm at the mention of his name. "uh, i don't know him personally as of right now, but i'd love to work with him... deb introduced me to brockhampton because of him actually. since they're friends, and all that." nick saw me blush and smirked. "i see i see, you'd looove to work with him, huh." i smacked him lightly, rolling my eyes, but i couldn't contain my smile. "whatever, dude. since you oh so graciously let me take the jacket, i'll go pay for it now. see ya later!"

i started walking towards the cash register, but he caught up to me and said, "wait up! i actually have a small request. can we hang out for a bit later so we can talk about it?" hm, i don't really have much to do today other than shop, so why not? "sure, let's hang at the ice cream shop next door after i pay, alright?" he smiled happily. "gotcha."

after i paid for the windbreaker (it was such a steal! thanks to nick for letting me have it, he's a cutie), we both headed to the ice cream shop to chat. when we arrived and ordered what ice cream we wanted, nick cleared his throat.