chapter 8

previously on chapter 7...

ivy's pov

"sorry... i- i just feel like someone's watching us, for some reason. i felt like i was being followed me on the way here, actually. maybe it's just a paranoid woman kinda thing... you know how it is for females sometimes." "ah..." ciarán nodded in understanding and patted my back reassuringly. "well, you're safe here now. don't worry about anything, okay?" i nodded, trying my best to ignore the nagging feeling in my chest, and started to strum the opening chords of my song.

it's probably nothing. right?

no one's pov

a pair of haunting eyes watched the pair from the corner of the window in silent fury. with her jacket hood up and face hastily covered up by a cheap bandana she bought at the nearest dollar store, mackenzie continued to observe. sure, she might have looked suspicious, but the streets were empty; no one was there to witness what she was doing.

her blood boiled as she saw ivy and ciaran bantering playfully after he reached out to adjust the guitar for her. i really thought ivy and i could be friends; she seemed nice. little did i know that she's a fucking bitch that's stealing ciarán from me, she thought. ciarán, sweetie. i can't wait to get back with you again after all those years. i'll show you that i'm worlds better than that ivy girl.

ivy's pov

i finished demonstrating my song and gulped in anticipation, grabbing ciarán's redbull and taking a few big gulps . "so... what do you think?" unexpectedly, ciarán leaned forward, his face getting closer and closer as he...

reached for the guitar. "wait, i swear the guitar's a little off. maybe it's just your voice though, i don't know." ciarán chuckled as he twisted the tuning pegs with deft fingers. "oh my god, shut up. is my singing that bad?" he looked up. "nah, i'm just kidding. you sounded great. the song sounds great. " he smiled earnestly.

oh my god he's so cute it's killing me-

scooting over to the computer n his roll-y chair, he gestured at me to get closer, and pointed to a recording mic. "you ready to record that so i can start tinkering around?" nodding, i took a swig from ciarán's can of redbull again nervously. he squinted at me. "nervous? not sure if the caffeine's gonna help." i drummed my fingers on the table. "sorry... i'm not used to recording in front of new people." "ah, i get you. i refused to record in front of my bandmates for like, 3 years until we recorded GINGER. i guess we're both kinda anxious people, huh." i ran my hands through my hair anxiously and positioned myself in front of the mic. "it's alright, i'm ready."

tap, tap.

the tapping sounds were followed by a faint shuffling from the window. catching my attention, i turned my head towards that direction. glancing at ciarán, i asked, "did you hear that?" the tugging feeling in my chest returned, and i thought back to the feeling of getting followed earlier. he blinked and looked at the window. "it's probably nothing; my neighborhood's usually pretty deserted. maybe an animal?"

silently, we both stared at the window for a few more seconds. keeping my eyes glued to the view outside, i could feel my heart hammering in my chest.

why do i feel so unsettled? stop worrying over nothing, ivy-

the top half of a hooded person's face from the corner of the window appeared abruptly, and their partly obscured gaze bore into my eyes.

my blood froze.

"whatever, lets get ba-" ciarán had just started to look away when he glimpsed something in the corner of his eye. doing a double take, his jaw dropped as he saw what ivy saw just now. just as quickly as they appeared, the person popped out of view.