-4- Confused

-4- Confused

No sooner had Zhan sat in Wang Yibo's car and the same one told the driver the address, than Zhan tipped to the side and fainted. He only regained consciousness when he was in the hospital and a worried Wang Yibo held his hand and talked to the doctor. "Honestly, we need to examine him thoroughly to know exactly what's wrong with him." He heard the doctor say.

"I, I have cardiomyopathy. An enlarged heart." Said Zhan, to solve the mystery of his sudden fainting.

"Oh, you're awake. You need to take medication. Are you taking them regularly?" The doctor asked.

"Mn. But I've been off the meds for two days and my parents haven't had time, so I couldn't tell them yet."

"I'll give you some and then we'll call your parents."

" Can you please call my doctor?"

"Who is your doctor?"

"Doctor Park Hae-Jin, he's been treating me for many years."

"Okay, I'm going to give you something and then I'll go make some calls. You Yibo take care of your friend while I'm gone."

"Brother, did you think I'd leave him here alone?" Yibo asked the doctor.

The injection he got from doctor Wang Hai Kuan started working immediately. Zhan felt better almost immediately. He didn't dare to look at Wang Yibo, who still held his hand and even stroked it.

"What would have happened if I hadn't insisted on taking you Zhan?"

"What do you think would have happened?" Asked Zhan, not looking at Wang Yibo.

"I don't really want to think about that. Why don't you take more care of yourself? You shouldn't have run!"

"Wang Yibo, I usually take medication that allows me to live a normal unrestricted life. I never thought this would happen."

" What do you think the people who love you would have felt if something had happened to you? You should have written a note to your parents in case of emergency."

"There are only two people, so the loss would be minimal. And if notes worked, I wouldn't be lying here now. Because the calendar is marked when I need new medication."

"There are not only two people, let me tell you that."

"What?

"Whatever. I'm mad at you."

"What did I do wrong now? I didn't do anything wrong! Or is it still because of that little bit of water you got on Monday?"

"It's not that. And I'm not gonna explain why I'm mad at you."

The next moment, the doctor came back and told Zhan he called his father and he'd come by later. "And I called your doctor. He'll be here in an hour or so."

"Okay, thank you doctor."

The doctor looked smiling at his little brother who was still holding Zhan's hand and stroking. "I guess you'll be staying here for a while, won't you Yibo?" Without lifting his head and looking at his brother, Wang nodded his head. "Then I'll call mom to let her know you'll be late." Said the doctor then and disappeared again.

Zhan was very uncomfortable with this whole situation. But at the same time, he felt comfortable with Wang Yibo. Even though he wouldn't admit it even under torture.

He didn't know why Wang Yibo was suddenly so nice to him. Was it just the worry that he might have died? Or maybe he liked Zhan a little bit? At the last thought, Zhan urged himself to be rational and careful. Because if he allowed these thoughts and feelings to happen, there would be no turning back for him. He didn't want to develop any feelings for Wang Yibo and kept pushing them back.

"Do you have a girlfriend, Zhan?" Wang Yibo suddenly asked when the silence between the two same-aged boys began to become unpleasant.

"Where I lived before, I was the only one that age, so no. I don't have a girlfriend."

"Good."

"Huh?"

"Oh, nothing. I saw you in the music room today."

"Yeah. And?

"You, you sing really well. You have a beautiful voice, Zhan."

"He sings like an angel, doesn't he? Hi, I'm Doctor Park Hae-Jin." Said Zhan's doctor who just arrived

"Hae-Jin." Zhan wept and hugged his doctor. The two were very close because the doctor had been taking care of Zhan for years.

In fact, the doctor had met him when he just came from the university and became an assistant doctor. And Zhan was his first patient at that time. He was the one who diagnosed Zhan's cardiomyopathy and treated him ever since.

Zhan knew that he was the young doctor's first patient and yet he put all his trust in him. At some point Hae-Jin asked him why he trusted him immediately and Zhan explained to him, because he looked like he knew what he was doing. And so he did. Right from the start, Hae-Jin had focused on cardiology and after a short examination, he already had a hunch what Zhan might be suffering from. And as it turned out, he was right.

Thanks to Hae-Jin, Zhan could be treated quickly and has been able to live a normal life ever since.

In the presence of Wang Yibo, because he didn't seem to intend to release Zhan's hand again, Hae-Jin examined Zhan and smiled. "It's alright Zhan, it was just a little weakness. You also have a slight fever. I guess you just overdid it a bit today and drank too little again. And because of the lack of medication, I will have a serious word with your parents. You should get some rest now, and you can go home tomorrow."

Wang Yibo took a deep breath of relief. Hae-Jin looked at him and smiled and asked if he was a friend of Zhan. Yibo nodded and Zhan almost choked. He wondered when he and Wang Yibo became friends?

But instead of asking this question out loud, Zhan lay down properly and closed his eyes. He was just tired and wanted to sleep.

When Zhan was about to fall into a deep sleep, he felt someone kissing his forehead. It confused him and he wanted to see who it was. But he couldn't open his eyes anymore because he was so tired and fell asleep instead.

The next morning when Zhan woke up again, he was confused and wondered if maybe he had just imagined someone kissing his forehead. He had been very tired after all, and behind him lay a long and very exciting day, so he thought, surely he could be imagining something like that.

Zhan's father sat next to him at the bed. He seemed to have been there all night and fell asleep while sitting. Zhan carefully woke him up and his father immediately took him in his arms. "I am so sorry, Zhan. Mom and I totally forgot to get your prescription for the medication because of our jobs."

What could Zhan have said except "It's okay, Dad. Luckily someone was there to help me." He didn't want his father to feel guilty. Because he knew that his father was happy about his new job and that he was grateful to have gotten such a good paying job. Zhan was also happy for him and for this reason alone, he didn't want his joy about the new job to be clouded by a guilty conscience.