19 - Battle of the clans, part 1

Comenzar desde el principio

Lumiverse cooed to him, trying to reassure him. Toothless was still flying as close as he could, but with a safety gap imposed by Kosmozis. A new threat on his mate forced the Night Fury to land on the bridge.

He gave a last look to Lumiverse before doing so, then found himself surounded by armed men.

''And there is the Alpha, my dear war-lords.'' Kosmozis claimed with a chuckle. ''With him, all the dragons will follow us. And now, if you may excuse me, it's time for me to finish what I started.''

He laughed loudly and whistle to his dragons, giving them signal to leave, but Toothless didn't see it this way : he still had Lumiverse ! There was no way he was destoying ships – even if it was trappers – while this man had his mate and friend ! He got angry and loaded a shot he aimed to the flying structure, yet he was stopped as he heard a muffled voice in the air, far but hearable, a familiar voice.

''Hold on, Joke, Toothless, Lumiverse !''

Kosmozis turned around, like most of men and dragons, then spotted the gliding silhouettes descending from the island. A whole groupe that, from afar, almost looked like a shoal of bads.

''AAAAH ! Could have used some practice !'' Snotlout yelled while shaking his arms.

''Should have skipped breakfast !'' Fishlegs retorted with as much panick as nausea.

Hiccup went for the flying structure and aimed at Kosmozis, which he bumped into and managed to un balance before resuming his flight. He landed by the sail of one of the ships, two vessels farther, and instantly gave a signal to his best friend.

''Toothless, now !''

The Night Fury knew it was their chance, mostly with Kosmozis away from his arbalet. The general was hanging at the edge of one of his structure's 'wings'. The Alpha roared and prompted his people to fight back. Most of the dragons managed to push the door of their cages which had not been closed yet, other had not even enter it, and a whole sea of fire struck the trappers. They started to flee as the dragons were back to the sky, reviving the attack from above.

Those who had been separated with their riders searched for them, the others getting back to get them from the island. The Berserkers and Wingmaiden were the first to strike. The dragon riders and their allies on the ground struck on the boat bridges, each of them fighting on the one they had landed onto. There was many trappers, but there was even more dragons, and their help from above was a real asset in this battle.

Toothless made use of the sudden chaos to get rid of the trappers around him, knocking them out with wings and tail, then he shot a powerful plasma blast directly at Kosmozis' platform. With only one shot, he destroyed the murderous arbalet. The explosion was so strong the chain linking the Deathgripper to the platform's wing snapped. The whole structure lost balance and started to keel over.

Kosmozis tried to call one of his dragons to help him, but another plasma blast hit a second wing, freeing a second Deathgripper. The two remaining were not strong enough to carry the flying base which was now vertical and slowly falling away from the battlefield. Seeing this, Hiccup knew he had to pursue them. He made use of a Deadly Nadder passing by and dropped to his back, the dragon flew him towards the fleeing base. They caught up with it, way faster than the two struggling Deathgrippers.

However, those who escorted the platform and those who had been freed attacked. The Deadly Nadder got smashed by on of them and brought farther for single fight, while Hiccup got ejected by managed to get a hold of the base. Toothless spotted him and got his back by shooting at the Deathgripper that tried to attack him.

''Thanks, bud !'' Hiccup yelled, earning a distant roar in reply.

He hold onto the wood and metal and looked down towards Lumiverse's complains and Joke's panicked voice. Both were still hanging in their traps.