Chapter Twenty Three

Start from the beginning

“This one is Danielle.” She pointed to Danielle. “And this one. . .” She pointed to me. “. . . Is Alex. She’s off limits. She’s Jake’s, alright?”

My eyes widened a fraction. “London!” I squealed, my cheeks burning.

“Oh, shush. You know it’s true.” London grinned at me, which was returned by a scowl from me.

Gosh, we aren’t even dating. I don’t even know if he likes me or not!

Mason smirked knowingly at me. “I’ll respect the Bro Code, don’t worry. . . So Danielle is on the market then?” he asked, raking his exquisite blue eyes over her tanned body.

“Yep! She’s ready to mingle, too.” Well, look who’s playing Match Maker today.

“Oh, is that so?”

Danielle’s cheeks were beet root red now, and her gaze was casted downward. “Er— yes?”

“She’s shy,” London said.

“I am not shy!” Danielle retorted. “I’m just nervous when someone like. . . Him is staring me down like that.”

“Should I take that as a compliment or. . . ?”

“She’ll warm up to you, don’t worry,” London told him, completely ignoring his question. I just stared at the three of them in amusement.

“Whatever.”

“What you drawing?” Mason asked. My head shot up when I realized he was talking to me.

I looked down at my so called masterpiece that was engraved into the sand and frowned. How did I do that without even realizing it? The two letters that I had drawn were a ‘J’ and an ‘A’ with a plus sign in the middle. . . . Surrounded by a heart.

Oh my gosh! This is so embarrassing!

“Aw, that’s so cute!” London and Danielle cooed in unison.

“This is her?” Mason asked. His question was meant for London.

She nodded at him with a wide smile stretched across her face. What in the world are they talking about?

“What do you mean?” I asked them, voicing my thoughts.

“Jake—”

London interjected by elbowing him in the gut before he could finish. “Nothing!”

I narrowed my eyes at her. What are they up to?

* * *